Issue after making a payment

LMKakaThing2

Back on 9/23, I made a payment online using my credit card. Royal's site shows I made a payment but this morning, my credit card no longer reflects that payment. Yesterday the payment to Royal had been listed under pending and my available credit amount was reflecting that payment to Royal. This morning, my available credit showing is what my credit limit is. I'll be calling both the credit card company and Royal in a little bit to try and figure it out. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?

I have all the money in my checking account to pay the cruise off, but since I have a rewards card, I was making payments and racking up rewards. I don't want final payment to come around and have my room cancelled because they never received a payment from Capital One. I'm perfectly fine with them not catching their mistake :D

I did my online ceck-in last night for a cruise in November. All was well until I tried to input the credit card information. It would not let me click the "I accept" button. I closed it our twice and tried again. I just went to the contract screen and did everything else.

Sounds like they are having an IT problem re credit cards. I am OK with my issue becaise I can input this at the port. If I were you I would call ASAP.

I had a similar issue with a cruise last year. I called Royal & they said my payment had posted by my CC wasn't showing it. Called my CC bank as well and they told me to wait a couple days to see if it shows up. Sure enough, it posted to my account around three days later. Don't know why this happened but I'd wait a couple days to see if it sorts itself out.

I have called Crown & Anchor and Capital One. No one seems to know what is going on. Capital One says Royal reversed the charge and Royal says they have received the funds from Capital One. I'm fine if someone wants to give me a $450 credit on my cruise :p. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my cc statement.

I have called Crown & Anchor and Capital One. No one seems to know what is going on. Capital One says Royal reversed the charge and Royal says they have received the funds from Capital One. I'm fine if someone wants to give me a $450 credit on my cruise :p. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my cc statement.

As long as Royal says you are fine, that's all that counts. However, I'd be watching that cruise closely on Royal's website to make sure they don't suddenly say you owe $450 after you think you've made final payment.

As long as Royal says you are fine, that's all that counts. However, I'd be watching that cruise closely on Royal's website to make sure they don't suddenly say you owe $450 after you think you've made final payment.

I'll be watching it like a hawk like I already do. I'm going to make sure that $450 is always available on my cc in case I do need to make a payment or if it suddenly appears on my cc statement.

Thank you for this post it made me check and I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the EXACT SAME CREDIT CARD. RCI says no balance owed, Capital One says nothing paid. I am now past final payment and the $ at stake is MUCH HIGHER THAN $450.

Sorry for the caps, but this is frustrating.

Thank you for this post it made me check and I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the EXACT SAME CREDIT CARD. RCI says no balance owed, Capital One says nothing paid. I am now past final payment and the $ at stake is MUCH HIGHER THAN $450.

When did you make your final payment? How soon is your cruise?

I'd make sure you have a zero balance receipt from Royal.

You people have convinced me to use my Capital One card for cruising. Significant savings!

Edited by clarea

I'd make sure you have a zero balance receipt from Royal.

You people have convinced me to use my Capital One card for cruising. Significant savings!

I have my confirmation showing a zero balance and I took a picture of my ressie online showing today's date and time with a zero balance!

It does sound like there may be a glitch in Capital One's system.

I paid on the 23rd, same as you. Cruise is 12/27 so I'm just past final payment.

I have not reached final payment yet, and it's nerve wracking wondering if they are going to catch the mistake/glitch. I can't imagine being past final payment and not knowing what is going to happen with the money Royal says they have received but Capital One says was reversed.

Must be a Capital One thing. They're the ones I've had issues with as well. But I love their rewards program :)

I agree that it's a Capital One thing...hopefully they don't catch it :p. I was using my rewards card to make payments to earn cash back. I ended up just paying off the cruise with my debit card. The cash back just is not worth anymore headaches at this point.

I am having the same problem with my Chase Southwest card except I paid off cruise on 9/25. Royal says $0 but card not charged as of yet. Not sure what is going on.

Can you see pending charges on your card? In the past, some of our cards did not show pending charges, so it took 3 or 4 days for a charge to be posted and show up.

Edited by clarea

Just wanted to give an update. Two days after noticing the pending charge disappeared, my credit card was finally charged the $450 this morning. Wondering if they finally caught onto their glitch and that was part of the reason for last nights update to the website.