Breakaway-Bermuda which side faces dock?

Kosi

This question comes up often enough. Typically it is facing out (docked portside) about 2/3-3/4 of the time. MeatballNYC (maybe MeatballNY) kept track of it all of last year if you do a search. It has pretty much been that way this year as well.

Docked either way, there is no bad view.

Have fun!!!

Bermuda Docking

May 4. Port Side

May 14. Port Side

May 21. Starboard Side

May 28. Port Side

June 4th. Port Side

June 11th. Starboard Side

June 18th. Port Side

June 25th. Port Side

July 2nd. Star and Port (both)

July 9th. Port Side (was onboard!)

July 16th. Starboard Side

July 23rd. Starboard Side

July 30th. Port Side

August 6th. Port Side

August 13th. Starboard Side

August 20th. Port Side

No August 27th (Cristobal)

Sept. 3rd. Starboard Side

Sept. 10th. Port Side

Sept. 17th. Port Side

Sept. 24th. Port Side

Oct. 1st. Starboard Side

The non-dock side does not look directly at open ocean. You can look at google maps/earth to see the layout, but you'll be docked in Great Sound. Bermuda makes a 3/4 (probably more like 7/8) circle around Great Sound. The dock is at the very point on the west side. If you look out the non-dock side you'll look across the sound and see land (most of the north shore), see ship/boat traffic, and if you look left you can see out to the ocean. Not a bad view at all....

• 1 year later...

Hi

bump to thread ...the reason I would like to know --is in June 2017 the America's cup is in Bermuda .... and should you be on the non-dock side ... you can sit on your balcony and watch some of the race. But then -- go up top and drink withe crowd ... :-)

https://americascup-images.s3.amazonaws.com/original/m2287_2017-louis-vuitton-america-s-cup-schedule.jpg

I see that Celebrity is changing their schedule so they are there on the weekend ... for us the June 4th sailing may be good enough

Been once here - and apart from watching America's Cup --both side very great views ...

Regards

Greg H

Edited by GregGH
update

Hi

bump to thread ...the reason I would like to know --is in June 2017 the America's cup is in Bermuda .... and should you be on the non-dock side ... you can sit on your balcony and watch some of the race. But then -- go up top and drink withe crowd ... :-)

https://americascup-images.s3.amazonaws.com/original/m2287_2017-louis-vuitton-america-s-cup-schedule.jpg

I see that Celebrity is changing their schedule so they are there on the weekend ... for us the June 4th sailing may be good enough

Been once here - and apart from watching America's Cup --both side very great views ...

Regards

Greg H

There is no way to know. I have pictures of the Breakaway docked facing each way.

As far as the race the Summit will likely be the better ship to watch the race from. I watched them practicing for the race two days, from the Summit, heats between the Japanese and US teams last June, and the course and the finish line was by the aft of the Summit, they came right past our aft, with Summit docked at Kings Wharf with her port side facing the Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515