Wow Bands and Charging Privileges

conandrob240

Asked this as a general Q elsewhere but I guess it may be different with Wow bands.

1) if I do not establish an on-board account during on-line check in for a small child, is it safe to assume they will NOT be able to charge anything with their Wow bands? or do I need to make a special trip to Guest Services or test them at a Point of service.

2) Will the bands be able to be used at the arcade even if I have specified no charging? if so, how? By just waiving a band in front of a game or is there a slightly more involved procedure like loading the band/sea pass with cash first?

3)If I DO give charging privileges to a teen (he is 100% trustworthy!)- if he loses his band, can anyone pick it up and start waiving it at the arcade or other points of sale or is there a safeguard in place? LOL He wouldn't charge anything without permission but he WILL lose his band/card repeatedly.

1) if I do not establish an on-board account during on-line check in for a small child, is it safe to assume they will NOT be able to charge anything with their Wow bands? or do I need to make a special trip to Guest Services or test them at a Point of service.

Go test at guest services, as the WOW bands are for opening cavin room, and you don't want that blocked as well.

2) Will the bands be able to be used at the arcade even if I have specified no charging? if so, how? By just waiving a band in front of a game or is there a slightly more involved procedure like loading the band/sea pass with cash first?

No, if no charging is on the band, then the arcade which charges would not work. You do just hold the band infront of the sensor on the arcade machine for it to credit the game.

3)If I DO give charging privileges to a teen (he is 100% trustworthy!)- if he loses his band, can anyone pick it up and start waiving it at the arcade or other points of sale or is there a safeguard in place? LOL He wouldn't charge anything without permission but he WILL lose his band/card repeatedly.

The band is a watch strap and shouldn't be lost, unless HE actually takes it off. It doesn't fall off, it's waterproof and no need for him to remove it at any time for any reason. But if he does and someone goes to buy something, then the staff at the till will see his name and picture and if that doesn't match the person, then security is called and they have to explain why they have someone else's wow band.

There is some ridiculous discussion on the other thread suggesting that if the Wow band is not programmed to have charging privileges, that it doesn't apply at the arcade and the kid can still charge. I do not want a situation where I have expressly said the kid should not have charging privileges and then the little guy is in there waving his arm all over the place to the tune of $100s.

Yes, I want them to be able to do three things: board and exit the ship, sign in for free events like iFly and open the cabin door. Other than that, I don't want the 8 and 5 yr old's bands activated to charge anything.

Yes, theoretically, the teen wont take it off. I think it will work well because he lost many keys on the last cruise and this might solve that problem. LOL