Irish coffees in MDR

lachelli

Yes, but make sure you stress that you want regular coffee, not Lavazza, otherwise you will be charged.

I dunno...drank about half a dozen Irish coffees at Java Cafe. Coffee was out of the espresso machine (aka Lavazza)...all charged to the ubp with net $0 to my tab.

I think if OP just orders an Irish coffee they will be fine. No need to fuss over whether Juan Valdez brings the beans or not.

Edited by triptolemus

Thanks for the replies, I think I will just ask for one and see what happens. The next question is do they actually know how to make one. :)

I remember asking on a Disney Cruise for a Baileys coffee in one of the MDRs and was brought a cup of filter coffee with a shot of Bailey beside it :(

Thanks for the replies, I think I will just ask for one and see what happens. The next question is do they actually know how to make one. :)

I remember asking on a Disney Cruise for a Baileys coffee in one of the MDRs and was brought a cup of filter coffee with a shot of Bailey beside it :(

An Irish coffee is Jameson Irish whiskey and coffee with a float of cream.

Anyone who doesn't know how to make one should be put off the ship. Disney crew are a bunch of self-medicated drunks. They kiss Pierce Brosnan on the the lips and swear it's Mickey.

I dunno...drank about half a dozen Irish coffees at Java Cafe. Coffee was out of the espresso machine (aka Lavazza)...all charged to the ubp with net $0 to my tab.

I think if OP just orders an Irish coffee they will be fine. No need to fuss over whether Juan Valdez brings the beans or not.

This was not my experience on the pearl. When my DD wanted to order a baileys coffee she was told it was not covered under the UBP. They said no coffee drinks were covered, even those with alcohol.

So she ordered a cappuccino which she paid for and then ordered a shot of Baileys which was free with the UBP and poured it in herself. YMMV

Lois

Tell the server you would like an Irish coffee or coffee with Baileys and ask the them if it will cost you anything under the UBP. If so, you can decide if you want to pay for it, or ask them to bring you regular coffee and the alcohol separately instead. This is really the only way to get what you want (or approximately what you want) without any surprises or misunderstandings, because people have reported all kinds of stuff every which way when it comes to alcoholic coffee drinks.

Tell the server you would like an Irish coffee or coffee with Baileys and ask the them if it will cost you anything under the UBP. If so, you can decide if you want to pay for it, or ask them to bring you regular coffee and the alcohol separately instead. This is really the only way to get what you want (or approximately what you want) without any surprises or misunderstandings, because people have reported all kinds of stuff every which way when it comes to alcoholic coffee drinks.

It's just not that complicated.

Irish Coffee is covered..even if Valdez makes the coffee... End of story.

If you have the UBP and you're charged for Irish Coffee? Have two more. Then pitch a bitch.

I agree with Trip, all of the coffee drinks, Irish or with Bailey's are covered! Because some random server said no, does not make it so. In the disclaimer about specialty coffee not being covered in the T&C's they are talking about thing like Café Mocha etc. Any bartender or certainly the HD will set anyone straight that has an issue with your order. I could probably float the Epic with the amount of coffee and Bailey's I've had aboard the ship!!!

Enjoy!!!

I agree with this... servers on the Epic 2 years in a row varied on whether Irish coffee was included or not;so I usually just ordered the coffee and Bailey's. We had a really good chuckle one night when waiting FOREVER on the coffee with Bailey's only to receive coffee with cup of "berries" on the side. :D