Pinnacle Steakhouse on Carnival Splendor

DJW8385

Been on Splendor 8x in the last year. The steakhouse is a do not miss. Unbelievable. The food was fantastic. Make sure you don't snack beforehand. I could not eat everything. I had leftovers for later and ordered dessert to go. Enjoy .....

Ate there twice on a cruise in June. Tried the filet mignon the first night but really enjoyed the ribeye the second night. Second the thought on going hungry. I couldn't finish it all and had to take the oversized piece of cheesecake to go. I always look forward to the steakhouse.

Been on Splendor 8x in the last year. The steakhouse is a do not miss. Unbelievable. The food was fantastic. Make sure you don't snack beforehand. I could not eat everything. I had leftovers for later and ordered dessert to go. Enjoy .....

Ate there twice on a cruise in June. Tried the filet mignon the first night but really enjoyed the ribeye the second night. Second the thought on going hungry. I couldn't finish it all and had to take the oversized piece of cheesecake to go. I always look forward to the steakhouse.

If you like lamb it's never disappointed.

Thank you all for your input. I'll give them a try [emoji106]🏾

I've been to the Pinnacle Steakhouse 6 times. The service, food and overall experience is excellent.

My favorite meal is the shrimp cocktail for the appetizer, the Cesar Salad made table side, the cowboy steak on the bone with the spice rub, the mashed potatoes , cream spinach, for dessert the cheese cake or ice cream. Go the first night of the cruise or the first elegant night and get a free bottle of wine for the table.

I like that you can request items made more to your taste like having the shrimp cocktail grilled instead of cold or the mashed potatoes without the wasabi.

If you are very full after the entree, for dessert you can order their homemade ice creams or sorbets. They are delicious and not as filling as the other desserts on the menu.

You may like the steakhouse so much that you may go twice. Enjoy the steak house and the Splendor. Splendor is really nice ship with an excellent crew.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Last year the steak house was $35 each.. still the same?

We went on first nite for the free bottle.. 4 adults at one table.. they only gave us 1 bottle.. said its one per table.. we started to leave and they changed their mind.. how ridiculous.. $140 extra for 4, and they argue about a $5 wholesale bottle of wine..

There is plenty of food.. but it is NOT like the main dining room, where you can order as much as you want.

Also.. if you order the tuna appetizer.. you will not get sushi grade tuna thinly sliced with wasabi as is the norm at most restaurants, instead its a chopped up blob held together with gelatin.. not good.

There is plenty of food.. but it is NOT like the main dining room, where you can order as much as you want.

Also.. if you order the tuna appetizer.. you will not get sushi grade tuna thinly sliced with wasabi as is the norm at most restaurants, instead its a chopped up blob held together with gelatin.. not good.

No gelatin on the Miracle tuna. Ever had aspic? Big difference between chopped and aspic.

Edited by SadieN

Would you suggest booking it ahead of time? I don't want to book it on formal night because I really like the atmosphere of the dining room that night? Would I be safe not booking it until we got on the cruise ship? Thanks!

If you have a special night (anniversary, birthday) that you can't miss, I suggest booking ahead. You won't be charged until services are rendered.

If you don't, then you can book while onboard. If your schedule is flexible, you can simply show up and they seat you on the next available table.

Would you suggest booking it ahead of time? I don't want to book it on formal night because I really like the atmosphere of the dining room that night? Would I be safe not booking it until we got on the cruise ship? Thanks!

If you want a particular time on a particular night, then pre-reserve your steakhouse booking. If it interferes with "elegant" night (on a 7 day cruise, usually the 1st full day and then the 5th or 6th), then cancel and try to re-schedule after you are on board. You may not get the time slot you wanted then, but you do get to enjoy a good meal.

• 4 weeks later...
Last year the steak house was $35 each.. still the same?

We went on first nite for the free bottle.. 4 adults at one table.. they only gave us 1 bottle.. said its one per table.. we started to leave and they changed their mind.. how ridiculous.. $140 extra for 4, and they argue about a $5 wholesale bottle of wine..

we too had 4 at a table and were told 1 bottle per cabin......the free wine was not what I would order so we opted for a discounted bottle of Moscato and had it sent to the MDR to finish it off another night.

we've been on the Splendor 3 times and this was the only time we did the Steakhouse. was underwhelmed........not impressed, don't know if it was an "off" night or what......felt a lot of vibration being at the top of the ship. missed the interaction that you have in the MDR with the staff. won't do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to make reservations at the Pinnacle Steakhouse for our cruise on 8/13/16. Before I make these reservations, I would like some input about your experience with this steakhouse on this ship.

Out of curiosity:

Did you go?

What did you order?

How was the food?

How was the wait staff?

Would you go again, on The Splendor?

I'll be on this ship for an extended vacation this winter, before her drydock, and wouldn't mind trying the steakhouse.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity:

Did you go?

What did you order?

How was the food?

How was the wait staff?

Would you go again, on The Splendor?

I'll be on this ship for an extended vacation this winter, before her drydock, and wouldn't mind trying the steakhouse.

Thanks!

He is going August of 2016.