Specific drink package question

You'll be charged for the full length of the cruise.

And you can cancel within the first few days and they will refund your package.

When calculating whether or not the you are "drinking enough to make it worthwhile" be careful not to fall into the trap of drinking more, or not drinking what you want to try to "make" the package worthwhile. There is nothing wrong with wanting some OJ at breakfast, or a can of soda with lunch, and if you are drinking fancy cocktails all the time because you feel like you "have to," you aren't really saving money, so much as trying to justify a bad investment.

I like your thinking. You have hit the nail on the head here. Any 'research' I plan to do on my self will have this bias. If I get the package I will drink more and if I go a'la Carte I will drink less. Both scenarios will be a vain attempt at proving either strategy was the best decision. Any on fancy proposing a Randomised Control trial...that would be tricky...

Hey Bob or anyone else -

If I choose to buy the drink package online before the cruise, when is the latest I can do that? (We leave in 16 days - just wondering when we need to make the decision. :D)

Officially it's 2 days before...

Assuming the website is doing what it is supposed to do, which is giving it a lot of credit.

Officially it's 2 days before...

Assuming the website is doing what it is supposed to do, which is giving it a lot of credit.

Gotcha! :D Thanks! If I miss it I can always purchase onboard - but I like having all purchases made before cruise. Just hemming and hawing between Premium and Ultimate. I mean - I love specialty coffee - but that much?

Gotcha! :D Thanks! If I miss it I can always purchase onboard - but I like having all purchases made before cruise. Just hemming and hawing between Premium and Ultimate. I mean - I love specialty coffee - but that much?

1 coffee and a fresh oj at breakfast and you have made up the difference in price.

I think the best way to "make up" the extra 10 bucks is with Perrier/Peligrino, and grabbing extra bottled water before shore excursions. The more alcohol you drink, the more important it is to hydrate with non-alcohol as well.

Edited by Diplomacy

I think the best way to "make up" the extra 10 bucks is with Perrier/Peligrino, and grabbing extra bottled water before shore excursions. The more alcohol you drink, the more important it is to hydrate with non-alcohol as well.

Agreed. We learned to do that in Vegas. The alcohol is always flowing - we usually throw a round of bottled water in there for good measure.

I'm not a fan of sparkling - but the husband is. That's why he's getting the Ultimate. I'm thinking about the juice and the specialty coffee. One or two in the morning and one mid-afternoon would really come in handy - and make up the difference! :D

Agreed. We learned to do that in Vegas. The alcohol is always flowing - we usually throw a round of bottled water in there for good measure.

I'm not a fan of sparkling - but the husband is. That's why he's getting the Ultimate. I'm thinking about the juice and the specialty coffee. One or two in the morning and one mid-afternoon would really come in handy - and make up the difference! :D

Playing devil's advocate for a second:

club soda + lime (or with cherries, or with orange) > Perrier sparkling water... Its included in the premium package. Maybe your hubby should downgrade :D

We both have premium packages, but like you I'm thinking I could easily have 3 or 4 coffees a day. I've never tried the " premium" coffees offered on board so I'm thinking I'll try one first then decide wether or not to bump one of the packages up to ultimate

Playing devil's advocate for a second:

club soda + lime (or with cherries, or with orange) > Perrier sparkling water... Its included in the premium package. Maybe your hubby should downgrade :D

LOL - I wish, but I know he'll drink at least 2 fresh squeezed OJs at breakfast, 2-3 premium coffees during the day and San Pellegrino at every meal. (That's what he does at home.)

I'm thinking I'll stick with the Premium.

Thanks for the idea though! :D

I tried the advanced search as well as Google, but I can't find the specific question being answered so I'll ask it to the experts:

I know that the drink packages don't have to be purchased for the entire cruise as long as there is at least 4 days left, but can you purchase it on the first full day of the cruise "day 2" as to not pay for a full day as a half day which is really the embarkation day.

Also, anyone that has cruised in the past few months could you post what the average beer prices have been increased to?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We always pre order our drink packages before we sail. The stamp is already on our Sea Passes when we check in...It allows us to pay for it before the cruise but the biggest thing we like...Is not to worry about how much we are spending and its great sitting out by the pool in the mourning and getting a bloody marry. Also you can use it on RCCL private Islands like Labadee Haiti and CocoCay, Bahamas.