Carnival vs RCCL for San Juan Cruise

Nanookz

I'm looking into my next cruise leaving out of San Juan. My question is to take Carnival or RCCL. I have sailed Carnival 12 or 13 times now and never with RCCL. The itineraries are both appealing to us and prices are about the same or within about $10. The difference is Carnival would be a balcony and RCCL would be an inside. I have sailed in both Balconies and inside rooms so I'm familiar with the ins and outs of the cabins. I'm curious what everyone's opinions are. Below are the itineraries:

Carnival Liberty

San Juan, Puerto Rico Dock

St. Thomas, Usvi Dock

Sea

Barbados Dock

St. Lucia Dock

St Kitts, Wi Dock

St. Maarten, Na Dock

San Juan, Puerto Rico Dock

Adventure of the seas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

St. Croix, U.s.v.i.

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

St. George''s, Grenada

Sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I will also post in RCCL as an experiment.

thanks

Edited by Nanookz

I find both itineraries to be appealing. May want to compare cabin size between the 2 lines. AOS insides are 134 sq ft. Liberty is 170 sq. ft. If size matters to you.... I will say, the RCCL interiors have a small couch that is a perk Carnival does not have in their interiors.

If it were me, I'd pick based on itinerary.

Good luck whatever you decide. If you stay a night or 2 pre or post cruise in San Juan, we found the Intercontinental in Isla Verda to be an excellent property. Got it for just over $100/night on Priceline (4* - there are limited 4* in San Juan).

Since its so port intensive I wouldn't care about having a balcony.

The RCCL itinerary is more appealing to me. The carnival itinerary has St Thomas, St kitts, and St Maarten all of which are easy to get to on other ships not out of Puerto Rico.

Since its so port intensive I wouldn't care about having a balcony.

The RCCL itinerary is more appealing to me. The carnival itinerary has St Thomas, St kitts, and St Maarten all of which are easy to get to on other ships not out of Puerto Rico.

Exactly my thoughts. Grenada & St.Croix are 2 destinations you don't see that often.

We cruised on the Adventure of the Seas Christmas 2015.. Beautiful ship. Entertainment was awesome. It has some amazing shows on the ice skating rink.. Mercedes Lafuente is an awesome Cruise Director. Smoke-free dance clubs-WOOHOO!!! I miss the chicken roti.

I have never been to Grenada or St Croix...I think St Kitts and Antigua are about the same but I love Barbados and St Maarten, as well as having a balcony so I would choose Carnival for the itinerary...the balcony is a bonus.

Not sure when you are looking to cruise or length of cruise, but check out Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for Jan 17th (end in San Juan) 11 nights and Jan 28th from San Juan to Baltimore (10 nights) both with nice itineraries.

Theresa