Carnival vs RCCL for San Juan Cruise

Nanookz

I'm looking into my next cruise leaving out of San Juan. My question is to take Carnival or RCCL. I have sailed Carnival 12 or 13 times now and never with RCCL. The itineraries are both appealing to us and prices are about the same or within about $10. The difference is Carnival would be a balcony and RCCL would be an inside. I have sailed in both Balconies and inside rooms so I'm familiar with the ins and outs of the cabins. I'm curious what everyone's opinions are. Below are the itineraries:

Carnival Liberty

San Juan, Puerto Rico Dock

St. Thomas, Usvi Dock

Sea

Barbados Dock

St. Lucia Dock

St Kitts, Wi Dock

St. Maarten, Na Dock

Adventure of the seas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

St. Croix, U.s.v.i.

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

St. George''s, Grenada

Sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I will also post in Carnival as an experiment.

thanks

If you're good with an inside, go with an inside on Carnival as it should be significantly cheaper!

We're loyal to Carnival but will be going on the Adventure at the end of the month. They were having a great sale so it made the costs comparable for the same cabin type. If you've never been on Royal, give it a try. I really like their ship designs better than Carnival.

I say go for Liberty....love , love the Liberty. This ship has a magic about her I swear. Out of all my cruises we had the best time on Liberty , great crew and she has Alchemy Bar one of the best spots on the ship.

Edited by Midwestgal

Since everyone has different desires, these are our thoughts,,,

We'd always take a balcony over an inside, even on a much smaller ship.

If you drink alcohol, Carnival is cheaper:D, and we like the free food choices on Carnival more.

But,,,,going on a lower priced cruise might mean a younger crowd:eek:, and RCL's entertainment is better.

Whatever your choice, have a great cruise.:)

Ignoring the cabins, because that is kind of an apples and oranges thing. I would choose the Adventure due to one thing on the itinerary, a sea day on the last day of the cruise.

Excellent way to wind down from a port intensive cruise.

I say go for Liberty....love , love the Liberty. This ship has a magic about her I swear. Out of all my cruises we had the best time on Liberty , great crew and she has Alchemy Bar one of the best spots on the ship.

And I thought it was just me! :) I have been on Carnival LIberty twice and they have been two of my best cruises.

Edited by 9876

And I thought it was just me! :) I have been on Carnival LIberty twice and they have been two of my best cruises.

I'm telling you , this ship has a magic about her from the crew to the mind set of her passengers . I really liked the Breeze but it didn't have the same vibe as Liberty, I've yet to be on a ship with this type of vibe.

I'd go with the balcony and it looks like you should get perks for the loyalty program with Carnival. The Adventure is a wonderful ship and you can't go wrong there, but it seems like the other is pretty good too. I also really love St. Kitts.

Tom

I'm looking into my next cruise leaving out of San Juan. My question is to take Carnival or RCCL. I have sailed Carnival 12 or 13 times now and never with RCCL. The itineraries are both appealing to us and prices are about the same or within about $10. The difference is Carnival would be a balcony and RCCL would be an inside. I have sailed in both Balconies and inside rooms so I'm familiar with the ins and outs of the cabins. I'm curious what everyone's opinions are. Below are the itineraries:

Carnival Liberty

St. Thomas, Usvi Dock

Sea

Barbados Dock

St. Lucia Dock

St Kitts, Wi Dock

St. Maarten, Na Dock

Adventure of the seas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

St. Croix, U.s.v.i.

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

St. George''s, Grenada

Sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I will also post in Carnival as an experiment.

thanks

You may want to check the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for Jan 17th. There's an 11 night cruise which ends in San Juan with a nice itinerary to Grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Croix.

There's also the 10 day from San Juan to Baltimore on Jan 28th with stops in St. Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Marteen.

Sorry folks I know this is the Royal board and we usually cruise with them except when I see a great itinerary.

Theresa

Sailed on Adventure in June and it is a great ship. Mytime Dining hosts are incredible. You may not mind an inside on this route, because it is very port-intensive and you will only be in the cabin to sleep. If you have the time sail both itineraries on a B2B.

Then only cruise I have done on Carnival was into San Juan. LOS was already in port when we arrived. My late wife and I stood on the veranda of our ship and yelled "Help us we are on the wrong ship." plus by the time we got off the ship it was dark and scary. We left port before 12 So let me put it this way. GO RCCL