laundry

cruisenuts

Does Celebrity have laundry rooms with irons. The last cruise all my clothes were so wrinkled......no iron.
Nope, but if what you are bringing along needs to be dry cleaned, you might just as well avoid the trip to the cleaners before you depart. Note the very reasonable dry cleaning prices - and they do a decent job:

Laundry Services

Ladies..............Gentlemen

Dress $5.50.........Trousers $3.75

Skirt $2.75.........Shorts $2.50

Slacks $3.25........Sport Shirt $2.75

Blouse $3.25........Regular Shirt $2.75

Blazer $4.25........Formal Shirt $3.50

Sweater $2.75.......Under Shirt $1.00

Pajamas $3.25.......Under Shorts $1.00

Night Gown $3.25....T-Shirt $2.25

Slip $1.50..........Pajamas $3.50

Brassiere $1.50.....Handkerchief $0.75

Panties $1.00.......Sweater $2.75

Hosiery $1.00.......Socks $1.00

Handkerchief $0.75..Sweatshirt $2.50

Bathing Suit $1.75..Bathing Suit $1.75

Sports Shirt $2.75

Shorts $2.50

Socks $1.00

Sweatshirt $2.50

Dry-Cleaning + Pressing Services

Suit $7.00..........Suit $7.00

Dress $6.00.........Sport Jacket $5.50

Skirt $4.50.........Tuxedo Jacket $6.00

Blouse $3.75........Vest $3.50

Blazer $5.00........Shirt $3.50

Slacks $4.50........Trousers $4.00

Evening Gown $7.50..Tie $2.00

Silk Blouse $5.50...Sweater $3.50

Scarf $1.50

Pressing-Only Services

Suit $3.50..........Suit $3.50

Blazer $2.50........Sport Jacket $2.50

Slacks $2.25........Tuxedo Jacket $3.00

Skirt $2.50.........Trousers $2.25

Blouse $2.25........Sport Shirt $1.50

Shirt $1.75.........Regular Shirt $2.00

Dress $3.75.........Formal Shirt $2.50

Evening Gown $4.50..Vest $1.75

Silk Blouse $2.75

I would agree that the laundry service was very reasonable. We just returned from a two week cruise so did use the facility.

My Kilt arrived very wrinkled and I was thinking that the pressing was going to cost me an arm and a leg. A kilt is made of approximately 8 yards of wool fabric. When I got it back hung from two hangers to support the weight the charge came in at $2.75.

Does Celebrity have laundry rooms with irons. The last cruise all my clothes were so wrinkled......no iron.

We pack a small steamer to take care of wrinkled clothing from packing. You can purchase one for under $25 dollars and it should last a long time. It might just pay for itself in 2 or 3 cruises and can be used while in hotels also.

Wow, those prices are really great for dry cleaning. I used the Princess washer/dryer area and between buying the soap, paying for the machines and then drying, it really did not pay to do it. Great to know that on my longer cruise of 11 nights, I can bring less and have it cleaned!

I think the above prices for dry-cleaning is probably good - it is similar to what I paid last week to get my jackets dry-cleaned. If I had known I would have done it on the ship.

For laundry however, I think it is expensive. I do not normally get clothes laundered and pressed - so I guess that is why it is sticker shock to me.

I guess you would probably pay the same or more for a hotel on land, HOWEVER because the ship does not have self-service options, you are basically forced to use their services (15 day cruise) whereas on land it would be my choice to do it myself.

The prices look like a lot to me in USD - so when I convert to CAD it is even more.

If I hand in my clothes for laundering on the first day - do I get it next day? I will already have been on vacation for a week before I get to the ship.

Do you experts think it is worth taking a steamer or just bite the bullet and have it done on the ship? After a week in the suitcase everything will be quite wrinkled by the time we board.

JP_YVR

If you have laundry picked up by 9:00 AM it is next day otherwise it is 2nd day unless you pay a 50% premium. I did on a number of days give it to the butler at 6PM and got it back the next day without additional fees.

Side note: "Next Day" is standard service; the 50% premium will have it back to you same day before dinner. As to time -- they do specify 9am, but as long as it's out by the time your cabin steward shows up in the am, you'll be OK. With suites, I suppose anything goes ;)

Note (and the point of the post, actually): Since nobody will be on the ship to collect laundry and dry cleaning on disembarkation day, all laundry delivered the morning of the day before is given same day service at the standard price. In other words, if you're disembarking Saturday, get it to them Friday morning and you'll have it back clean before bedtime at the regular rate. Given the price and quality of the dry cleaning, it's sometimes a decent idea, especially if you have a cruisetour planned for the back end of your cruise.

Archived