Freedom of the Seas

We have booked the FOS for the Aug 14th sailing to the western Caribbean. We have sailed before the last couple of cruises on NCL which has anytime dining. We will be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 children. We really like the idea of not having a scheduled time to eat. I have read on the boards about the need to make a reservation or not making one. Anyone have any insight as to what we should do? We would appreciate any information so we can make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great weekend!!

We have booked the FOS for the Aug 14th sailing to the western Caribbean. We have sailed before the last couple of cruises on NCL which has anytime dining. We will be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 children. We really like the idea of not having a scheduled time to eat. I have read on the boards about the need to make a reservation or not making one. Anyone have any insight as to what we should do? We would appreciate any information so we can make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great weekend!!

It's your choice if you want to make a reservation. Some people report little or no wait without a reservation. It's hard to predict how it will be on your sailing. I'd try to make a standing reservation, and then if you find there is no need, you can cancel it.

If we have my time dining I need to make a reservation for dining room? We're new to RC so have no idea how things work

No, it is not required to make a reservation. Some report little to no wait without reservations. Others report that having a reservation gets you a table faster. It's your choice.

We have MTD for our cruise in 3 weeks and RCI sent me a email this week requesting reservation times. I haven't responded yet. We were planning on just playing it by ear on the ship.

You are also likely to get encouraged to make reservations when you are onboard, but it's not mandatory.

I can tell you on our cruise on fos we could not show up and be seated and all the time slots we tried to book were taken.. You can just book a time and cancel it... That would be my recommendation...

For our FOS cruise next week we have mtd and have reserved 730 every night just to make sure we have a spot, but we will adjust as needed to fit our needs ( we hope :sly:) lol

Can I make a reservation for a different time everyday? And how do I reserve? Pre cruise or on board?

Yes, you can reserve a different time every night. Reserve either pre-cruise or onboard.

Just off fos. 6 in our party. We had mtd and were encouraged to make reservations. Sometimes we did, some times we didn't. They want to encourage reservations at either around 6pm or 8 pm. We never saw the dining room full - ever. They won't let you make 7pm reservation time because it makes it hard to get 2 seatings from that table. My theory is that they want you to sit at the same table every might. If you want a guarantee no wait dining, make a reservation. If you are even a little flexible, don't reserve. Just my opinion.

Ate there 4 nights 2 nights party of 4 and 2 nights just the 2 of us. But never really saw a line of people waiting and always empty seats around.

Thanks, that's encouraging that a party of 4 would have little or no wait.

Here's my story with the MDR and reservations. Was on Enchantment of the Seas Family Royal Suite. There was 7 of use. Had MTD and thought we could just go down when we were ready and maybe wait 10-15mins for a table. So the first night we walked down at 6:00pm and was told our table would be ready at 8:30pm due to not having a reservations. So I pulled out my SUITES GOLD card :D and said we are in a suites. Please can you find a table sooner. She very nicely said there were no tables to be had till 8:30pm :eek:. The concierge was able to in at 6:45 thats night. I did set reservations for the rest of the trip. What I found out is, My Time Dinning only has so many table for certain times. About 15 mins. apart. So with large parties wanting to sit at the same table. Please make a reservation because being in a Suite won't help you either. Happy Sailing!!!!