January New Orleans Departure Weather

brightfeather

Hi everyone,

Okay, last time we cruised out of New Orleans (first time) was January 2014. Our Western Caribbean weather basically sucked. Our only nice day was our last port in Costa Maya -- thank God for one good day. Yes, we still had fun and yes, it was still an adventure and yes, it was way better than being at work on any given day. So my question is, what has YOUR experience been on January Western Caribbean cruises? Would love to hear about it. Thanks! :D

Jan 2015 was great. We left out of New Orleans on Sunday, and the kids were swimming on Monday. We made all 4 ports, but the sea was pretty rough in Costa Maya so we couldn't scuba dive there. Costa Maya is always kinda iffy though. They aren't a natural port, so they often have rough seas.

We sailed January of this year and the only rain we had was Belize...it poured on us at the port, but my dd and her friend did the cave tubing and said they didn't get any rain...we usually cruise out of New Orleans in December, so that was the only experience I have had for January...

January is a slow work time for us so we always cruise in January. Always had no problem with weather and ports[ knock wood] and in NOLA average timp is around 70 in Jan.

This is my favorite port to cruise from!! Heck, sometimes I pick cruises just to spend some time there!!

Hi everyone,

Okay, last time we cruised out of New Orleans (first time) was January 2014. Our Western Caribbean weather basically sucked. Our only nice day was our last port in Costa Maya -- thank God for one good day. Yes, we still had fun and yes, it was still an adventure and yes, it was way better than being at work on any given day. So my question is, what has YOUR experience been on January Western Caribbean cruises? Would love to hear about it. Thanks! :D

Go to http://www.wunderground.com

You can get historical weather data over the past several years for the specific dates you'll be at the various locations....search by city. It will specify low/high temps for the specific date of your inquiry as well as whether there was rain (and how much),

We also went on the Jewel in Jan 26 to Feb 2 2014 out of New Orleans. The only bad day we had was in Roatan. Heavy rain all morning and most peple left the beach. We stayed the whole time because it was cloudy but not raining in the afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised when we went back to our room and NCL refunded half the cost of the excursion. Keeping our fingers crossed for Jan 2016. We will be with you on the Dawn. 98 days woohoo

Thamk you to all who have contributed here. My sister and I are sailing on 24th Jan 2016 from New Orleans and I am greatly encouraged by what you have all said about the weather as we were wondering too.

We sail the week before you and are hoping for reasonable weather. But anything is better the the weather in Minneaota in January!

Ha! I'd know about Minnesota weather -- that's what we'll be escaping from too! LOL. So I'm praying for great weather. I was in SoCal for 11 years prior to moving back here to the Twin Cities (Farmington, to be exact). Also why we're going down a few days early so there's no chance we'll miss it due to bad weather. :-) Where about are you?

Hi everyone,

HA :D - we were on the same cruise. And you're not exaggerating with the "it sucked" weather statement. Seriously, thank God for the one nice day in Costa Maya.

We're trying again with a Western Caribbean cruise this coming January as well (but from Miami) and hoping for MUCH better :o

Edited by ChampionCruiser