Any Bars Restaurants Walking distance from the Queen Mary?

bahama_mama2015

The FREE Long Beach "Passport" bus runs every day through at least midnight:

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=37

It will pick you up in front of the Queen Mary and take you across the channel into the main part of Downtown Long Beach--where there are MANY restaurants along the water near the Aquarium (Bubba Gump, Chili's, PF Chang's, Outback, Gladstone's 4 Fish, Tokyo Wako, Famous Dave's BBQ), in the "Pike" across the Street (Islands, Auld Dubliners, California Pizza Kitchen) and over by Shoreline Village (Parker's Lighthouse, Yard House, Tequila Jack's) and up on Pine Avenue (Rock Bottom, King's Fish House, Gaucho Grill and a lot more)...

If you can work with the Passport schedule, you have your choice of a LARGE variety of restaurants--all within about a block of one of the Passport stops...

The FREE Long Beach "Passport" bus runs every day through at least midnight:

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=37

It will pick you up in front of the Queen Mary and take you across the channel into the main part of Downtown Long Beach--where there are MANY restaurants along the water near the Aquarium (Bubba Gump, Chili's, PF Chang's, Outback, Gladstone's 4 Fish, Tokyo Wako, Famous Dave's BBQ), in the "Pike" across the Street (Islands, Auld Dubliners, California Pizza Kitchen) and over by Shoreline Village (Parker's Lighthouse, Yard House, Tequila Jack's) and up on Pine Avenue (Rock Bottom, King's Fish House, Gaucho Grill and a lot more)...

If you can work with the Passport schedule, you have your choice of a LARGE variety of restaurants--all within about a block of one of the Passport stops...

Thank you! I had no idea about the free shuttle! I am sure we can catch one to the restaurants and then cab it back! Any idea what street or stop to get off to be closest to the restaurants?

Thank you! I had no idea about the free shuttle! I am sure we can catch one to the restaurants and then cab it back! Any idea what street or stop to get off to be closest to the restaurants?

It depends on where you want to go...

Look at this route map:

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=30&routes=Passport&direction=Outbound&day=today&mode=map

The little gray squares along where it says "Rainbow Harbor" are Bubba Gump, Chili's, PF Chang's, Outback, Gladstone's 4 Fish, Tokyo Wako and Famous Dave's BBQ...so all are near stop C....The little gray boxes where it says "Shoreline Village (stop D) include Parker's Lighthouse (at the point), Tequila Jack's and Yard House...and Stop B (Pine and 1st) puts you right near Rock Bottom, King's and Gaucho Grill...The Pike is sort of in the middle of those three stops...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all our help!!! When I board the shuttles in front of the queen Mary, do I look for a certain bus number or a bus route or does it do the same loop every time? Does the driver announce the stops?

How is the taxi service in Long Beach? Will I be able to catch a cab around 1:00 am on a Sunday?

Edited by bahama_mama2015
Auto correct

All the bus stops are not marked on the Passport route schedule. Let the driver know where you want to be dropped off.

The Queen Mary Passport bus stop is in the parking lot, under the trees.

Bubba Gump is across from the Aquarium.

Yard house, Famous Dave's etc are at Shoreline Village.

There is a Walmart and CVS along the route. I would only take it there during the day.

Edited by SadieN