Booking group dining with SDP

Lumee23

Hi everyone! We are sailing as a large group and some of us purchased the specialty dining plan. Eight of us want to book a restaurant to eat at together. Do I need to call to do this or can I select 8 people on the website reservation under our login and do it that way? Will they be able to use their SDP for it that way? Or should we all book individually using the reservation system and then ask to be seated together?

Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone! We are sailing as a large group and some of us purchased the specialty dining plan. Eight of us want to book a restaurant to eat at together. Do I need to call to do this or can I select 8 people on the website reservation under our login and do it that way? Will they be able to use their SDP for it that way? Or should we all book individually using the reservation system and then ask to be seated together?

Thanks for any help!

I haven't had the SDP, but have had the UDP and with that package you can book a reservation for yourself and others, even if they don't have the SDP. As long as you purchased the SDP, you can make it on line under your reservation, if it is the same as the UDP use to be, you will not be charged . At the end of dinner, and the others will be asked for their key card and will either be charged for the dinner on their account or if they have the SDP, there will be no charge.

I'd go ahead and try it on line, if it has changed and they ask you for your credit card, you can always delete it and not go through with the reservation.

Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks for any help!

Yes, select 8 on the reservation page on 1 persons account. You will pay on board. If everyone has the SDP they can use that no problem.

6&8

Thanks for your replies! So I actually had to book our reservations three different ways.

For Teppenyaki the maximum I could book online was 4 not 8 so I had to call them and they had to do two separate 4 person reservations under two different cabins.

For LeBistro I was able to book for the 8 no problem as described above. The charge listed was $0.

For anything over 12 (our entire group is 20 adults) I was told I had to go through special events, and was directed to send an email to specialeventsgem@ncl.com.

Thanks again for your help! :)