Changes to Sail Away party

MaiTaiMary

I don't think anything has been announced yet.

Since he made the comment last week that things were being discussed at the CD meeting in Miami there really hasn't been much time to implement anything.

Additionally, John is busy with the first Journeys cruise. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to get an ideas from the Journeys cruise sail away party.

LOL on my 1st cruise in 2004 they had a fabulous sail away party on the 1st night. Drinks were flowing, live tropical music was playing and videographers were filming us all dancing on the lido deck. They don't need to brainstorm

for ideas. They just need to put it back. They could offer a couple of tropical sail away drink specials that they could make in large quantities so bar service would be quick. Oh yes, please bring it back.

Sorry but having everyone line dance to dj music just doesn't have the same effect for me. Maybe they could do that on other days, but i would like a tropical party for the 1st sail away.

Sorry but having everyone line dance to dj music just doesn't have the same effect for me. Maybe they could do that on other days, but i would like a tropical party for the 1st sail away.

What would be your suggestion for an appropriate sail away party on non-tropical itineraries such as Canada/New England or Alaska?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Steel drums would be amazing!!! Nothing better than sailing through the Caribbean with that sound in the air......

Love getting back on the ship and they have these bands playing down on the pier. I will stand there for 20+ minutes just listening to them, and tipping them of course.:D:D

Steel drums would be amazing!!! Nothing better than sailing through the Caribbean with that sound in the air......

Love getting back on the ship and they have these bands playing down on the pier. I will stand there for 20+ minutes just listening to them, and tipping them of course.:D:D

Interesting, never knew that some people will tip bands on the ship. Have to think about this.

Steel drum music was on the Conquest sail away January 9 and each day of the cruise on the Lido, was really great to know each day I could get my island fix.

Did I read that right?? :):):)

You just made my day!! Started cruising in the 70's when that was the norm and have really missed the Caribbean/steel drum music. When I read that the Caribe music would be returning by spring, I was bummed because we sail the Conquest on Feb 28 and figured it wouldn't be started yet. I will be delighted and jammin' if that is the case on my Conquest cruise. I have been asking the cruise lines for this in every post cruise questionnaire for years. I agree with others that it really puts me in the relaxing cruise state of mind when I hear Caribbean music.

Did I read that right?? :):):)

You just made my day!! Started cruising in the 70's when that was the norm and have really missed the Caribbean/steel drum music. When I read that the Caribe music would be returning by spring, I was bummed because we sail the Conquest on Feb 28 and figured it wouldn't be started yet. I will be delighted and jammin' if that is the case on my Conquest cruise. I have been asking the cruise lines for this in every post cruise questionnaire for years. I agree with others that it really puts me in the relaxing cruise state of mind when I hear Caribbean music.

Me too! Looking forward to steel drums on our Conquest cruise this May!

• 5 months later...