Aqua in MDR for Breakfast/Lunch

SeasideMemories

From what I can see the MDR is open seating for breakfast and lunch (on sea days). Can passengers that are booked in Aqua class have breakfast or lunch in the MDR if they would like?

We have only been in Aqua and love Blu but it is not open for lunch. We also would like to try out the MDR to see what it is like with an eye toward future cruises not necessarily in Aqua. I realize breakfast/lunch may not give us an accurate picture but at least we could check out the food to see what we think.

Correct, the MDR is open seating, when open for breakfast or lunch. That said, those dinning experiences are not close to the dinner seating nor menu offerings. Accurate picture? No.

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks, Wallie5446!

I was thinking that was most likely the case but was hoping it may give us an idea on how the food quality and selections compare to Blu even if it does not shed any light on what the overall dinner dining experience would be like.

Having never eaten there we have no idea what is served for breakfast/lunch. Are there entree type selections at lunch or more soup, salad, sandwich type things? What about breakfast?

Sounds like I may be trying to sample an apple to see what an orange would taste like...lol!

Thanks, Wallie5446!

I was thinking that was most likely the case but was hoping it may give us an idea on how the food quality and selections compare to Blu even if it does not shed any light on what the overall dinner dining experience would be like.

Having never eaten there we have no idea what is served for breakfast/lunch. Are there entree type selections at lunch or more soup, salad, sandwich type things? What about breakfast?

Sounds like I may be trying to sample an apple to see what an orange would taste like...lol!

Yes there are entrée type selections. We always try and go to the MDR for breakfast and lunch 2-3-4 times over the course of our sailing. Some say we are a tad strange :D but we like the experience.

The quality is very good, IOHO :) These are the times we get to meet and chat with others we are seated with, different from the dinner service. It is less hustle n bustle, and we can linger a tad longer if we want.

Again, not a bad experience, just a different flow n feel.