Gala Nights on 7-night cruise?

CinWin

Trying to book Specialty restaurants on Nieuw Amsterdam for upcoming 7-night cruise. Called Ship Services to ask when the Gala nights would be and was told its up to the Captain. I would not want to book the specialty restaurants for those nights. Does anyone recall the TYPICAL Gala night schedules on previous HA ships?

Cindy

Trying to book Specialty restaurants on Nieuw Amsterdam for upcoming 7-night cruise. Called Ship Services to ask when the Gala nights would be and was told its up to the Captain. I would not want to book the specialty restaurants for those nights. Does anyone recall the TYPICAL Gala night schedules on previous HA ships?

Cindy

It really varies by ship and itinerary. What's your itinerary? Do you have sea days? The typical pattern I've been seeing is day after embarkation and next-to-last nights.

Our Sea Days are the 3rd and 6th days (1st day being the embarkation day).

Cindy

I would expect the 3rd day to be formal (gala) and if the 6th day is not the last day of the cruise before disembarking, this may also be the gala night. The gala night is never the last night of a cruise. If it the last day, would guess the earliest sailing time from a port to be your 2nd gala night.

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.....can anyone please tell me how many gala nights HAL does on a 10 night cruise? Thanks in advance. :)

We had 3 last spring, but our cruise docs said 2.

2 or 3 depending on how many sea days you have.

BTW - what is the Conch Republic?? Key West?

Our cruise will have 3 seas days, so I'm assuming we'll most likely have 2 gala nights. You agree? I did look through my cruise docs. It explains gala nights and the recommended clothing, but doesn't give a number.

Yeah, we changed our name back in the 80s when we seceded. Key West is the capital, but the Conch Republic is the entire Florida Keys chain. :)

Edited by Aquahound

When I printed out our boarding passes for our up-coming Collectors Cruise, it shows that we are to have 3 Gala Nights.

This Collectors Cruise is 2 seven night cruises combined. In the past we always had 2 formal nights per 7 day cruise. Have no idea which of our 7 day cruises will have 2 Gala Nights and which one will have only 1 Gala Night.

Who knows -- maybe we really will have 2 Gala Nights per segment.

When I printed out our boarding passes for our up-coming Collectors Cruise, it shows that we are to have 3 Gala Nights.

This Collectors Cruise is 2 seven night cruises combined. In the past we always had 2 formal nights per 7 day cruise. Have no idea which of our 7 day cruises will have 2 Gala Nights and which one will have only 1 Gala Night.

Who knows -- maybe we really will have 2 Gala Nights per segment.

That's where I would put my money. I can't imagine that each of the 7 day segments would have 2 and the Collector's Cruise would only have 3.

I guess we'll know soon enough. I believe that both you and cruz chic have Collector's Cruises coming up.

It's no big deal for me, since I can change ties, vests, and cummerbunds. My wife, however, has a whole big dress / shoes / purses matrix to deal with. :)

Edited by POA1

That's where I would put my money. I can't imagine that each of the 7 day segments would have 2 and the Collector's Cruise would only have 3.

I guess we'll know soon enough. I believe that both you and cruz chic have Collector's Cruises coming up.

It's no big deal for me, since I can change ties, vests, and cummerbunds. My wife, however, has a whole big dress / shoes / purses matrix to deal with. :)

Yup. I did notice on the recent blog on the westy Panama Canal (not the thread on CC ) that there was a gala night but it was casual. At least that's where I think I saw it :o. I could see that happening. Poster Serendipity is going in November on the eurodam and her docs say 4 .