* Coach Transfer Times Changed *

FAB1

Following on from my thread on the new embarkation process, I wasn't sure if I mentioned that the coach transfers to Southampton are now leaving much later. Some people may not be aware of this and may need to amend their travel plans, hence my further post

I found this out by accident when checking my Cruise Personaliser and queried this with P&O several times as they have not advised any of their passengers.

This is the latest reply I have had from them this morning:-

"OK, thank you for taking the time to let us know, we are aware of the concerns of our guests with changes to coach times and are taking measures to address these. Best wishes."

Will be interesting to see what these measures are. I did suggest a simple notification advising passengers to check the time on their Cruise Personaliser should suffice.

Sue

Yes the coaches do get priority boarding on arrival but I think P&O want them to arrive later when the cabins are ready to tie in with the new embarkation procedure.

Thing is people may not know their times have changed if they have already printed off their Itinerary. They need to recheck it so hopefully P&O will advise them to do so.

Sue

I checked a few days ago and noticed the coach at Gatwick changed from 1200hrs to 1300hrs, but had no notification from P&O which I think is bad, you could be standing there thinking you had missed it with panic setting in lol.

Where does the coach time appear on th CP ? We have free coach travel booked with Intercruises for our December cruise but I have never seen they coach times on the CO for past cruises and I can't see it for the next one.

I checked a few days ago and noticed the coach at Gatwick changed from 1200hrs to 1300hrs, but had no notification from P&O which I think is bad, you could be standing there thinking you had missed it with panic setting in lol.

That was my point exactly 😧

Where does the coach time appear on th CP ? We have free coach travel booked with Intercruises for our December cruise but I have never seen they coach times on the CO for past cruises and I can't see it for the next one.

Its at the top of the itinerary under Hotels and Transfers. It could be that this only applies to transfers for Atlantic Crossings, don't know if it shows for return coach journeys as never done one.

Mine looks like this :-

Hotels & Transfers

30 October All Passengers TRANSFER MANCHERSTER TO AZURA

Your complimentary coach transfer from Manchester Airport to Azura will depart from the Manchester Airport coach station "The Station", located outside the train station, in-between terminals 1 and 2 at 0830. Please ensure you advise us no later than 10 days prior to departure if you no longer require this transfer.

I heard from a friend working checking, that passengers on coaches

Are being held onboard for a time before being allowed into the

Terminal building.

Held on board where ? At the terminal or elsewhere ?

Thought they only did this if too many were due to arrive at the same time ?

You can't hold them all back, arrival times still need to be staggered.

Sue

I heard from a friend working checking, that passengers on coaches

Are being held onboard for a time before being allowed into the

Terminal building.

Well I certainly hope I am not expected to sit waiting on a coach for any length of time 😞

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its at the top of the itinerary under Hotels and Transfers. It could be that this only applies to transfers for Atlantic Crossings, don't know if it shows for return coach journeys as never done one.

Mine looks like this :-

Hotels & Transfers

30 October All Passengers TRANSFER MANCHERSTER TO AZURA

Your complimentary coach transfer from Manchester Airport to Azura will depart from the Manchester Airport coach station "The Station", located outside the train station, in-between terminals 1 and 2 at 0830. Please ensure you advise us no later than 10 days prior to departure if you no longer require this transfer.

Thank you, my husband can't fly due health reasons so that obviously explains why I have never seen it.

My personaliser still shows a 10.30am pick up from Bournemouth Airport for what will be a 45-60 minute transfer to Southampton.

Looks like you will have quite a wait in the terminal building then.:eek:

My personaliser still shows a 10.30am pick up from Bournemouth Airport for what will be a 45-60 minute transfer to Southampton.

Is that if it went from Bournemouth direct to Southampton. Whenever I have caught coaches (admit not to Southampton) they go round the whole planet to get where they are going.:confused:

Possibly your 60 minute journey will be round the south coast, picking up others, with a 45minute comfort break somewhere :eek:

When I looked once one of our 2 nearest pick up points (neither is close at all I might add) was London. That was still going to be a stupidly early (I think before 9am!!!) pickup, so we have always made other arrangements.:(

Is that if it went from Bournemouth direct to Southampton. Whenever I have caught coaches (admit not to Southampton) they go round the whole planet to get where they are going.:confused:

Possibly your 60 minute journey will be round the south coast, picking up others, with a 45minute comfort break somewhere :eek:

When I looked once one of our 2 nearest pick up points (neither is close at all I might add) was London. That was still going to be a stupidly early (I think before 9am!!!) pickup, so we have always made other arrangements.:(

Its a straight transfer as its only for the passengers who are flying back into Bournemouth Airport from Barbados and who will be parking their cars there so they are ready when we land after the transatlantic repositioning cruise.

Embarkation didn't start until 12.45 when I sailed in August.

Wow thats the latest I have ever heard a ship start embarking passengers. Perhaps they had to do a deep clean on your ship. I know they are starting to embark us by deck from this month and I have not got my embarkation time yet as I do not yet have a cabin allocation. But I have also heard that coaches get priority when they arrive. Not really fussed either way and we will get on the ship when they decide to embark us. As long as they don't make us sit in the coach 😄

Following on from my thread on the new embarkation process, I wasn't sure if I mentioned that the coach transfers to Southampton are now leaving much later. Some people may not be aware of this and may need to amend their travel plans, hence my further post

I found this out by accident when checking my Cruise Personaliser and queried this with P&O several times as they have not advised any of their passengers.

This is the latest reply I have had from them this morning:-

"OK, thank you for taking the time to let us know, we are aware of the concerns of our guests with changes to coach times and are taking measures to address these. Best wishes."

Will be interesting to see what these measures are. I did suggest a simple notification advising passengers to check the time on their Cruise Personaliser should suffice.

Sue

Very sad that P&O needed to be prompted to advise their customers of these changes. Beggars belief really.

I thought that Cruise Connect/Intercruises were a separate company that P&O engages to do the transfers. Logically it should be up to Cruise Connect to advise passengers of pick up times. We use them and always get an email a couple of weeks before departure with all the necessary details about pick up times and anticipated return times. Methinks this is a lot of fuss about nothing.

Brian

I thought that Cruise Connect/Intercruises were a separate company that P&O engages to do the transfers. Logically it should be up to Cruise Connect to advise passengers of pick up times. We use them and always get an email a couple of weeks before departure with all the necessary details about pick up times and anticipated return times. Methinks this is a lot of fuss about nothing.

Brian

For Transatlantic Crossings P&O advise us of the departure times for the coaches via Cruise Personaliser as we do not get a ticket from Cruise Connect/Intercruises. Only those who have a return coach booking get a ticket.

It is not a lot of fuss about nothing if people turn up an hour and a half to two hours too early for their coach. It is likely there won't be any P&O staff around to help at the airport until just before the first coach is due. I for one would be quite worried I had missed my coach.

Sue

Very sad that P&O needed to be prompted to advise their customers of these changes. Beggars belief really.

I spoke to their customer services a couple of times almost 2 weeks ago and they said they would advise the appropriate department to let passengers know. Nothing was received so I posted the query on their Facebook page and PM'd them on Saturday. I received a reply to my PM on Monday(impressed it was so quick) however my post on their Facebook page has been deleted(don't they want their passengers to know about the changes ?).

Still no general notification sent out to passengers. It should be easy to do, have received ones when etickets are ready, encouraged to book shore excursions, got notification re new embarkation procedure etc. It can't be that difficult to send a mass notification to all passengers on a particular cruise.

Rant over 😡

Sue

Wow thats the latest I have ever heard a ship start embarking passengers. Perhaps they had to do a deep clean on your ship. I know they are starting to embark us by deck from this month and I have not got my embarkation time yet as I do not yet have a cabin allocation. But I have also heard that coaches get priority when they arrive. Not really fussed either way and we will get on the ship when they decide to embark us. As long as they don't make us sit in the coach 😄

This was Britannia and no deep clean. Britannia hasn't been sailing until after 6 pm so maybe this is why embarkation is a bit later.:confused:

There were some changes already when we checked in on September 10th for Oriana at Mayflower. We arrived about 1300 and instead of the checkins being downstairs, they were now upstairs. I don't recall showing my ticket to the lady who gave us a card with the letter U on it. We sat down and then were called about 15 minutes later, checked in and straight on board.