Question on booking shore excursions. Help!

mandyandriley

:confused:

I hope someone can help me with my question on booking shore excursions for my upcoming trip (Dec 22, 2015). On the viking oceans website, under the Mediterranean Christmas itinerary (http://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/western-mediterranean/mediterranean-christmas/index.html#itineraryday/8) under day 8 (for example) it lists 10 excursion options.

Today is the first day any excursion options have shown up on my account on myvikingjourney.com and the excursion options are different than what is listed on the Viking Cruise website. Unfortunately, the excursions we were most looking forward to, like "Rome & Private Visit of Vatican City Museums", are not listed as an options on this site. There are 6 excursion options listed.

Myvikingjourney.com states I am unable to book excursions until 67 days prior to embarking (DV) which I understand.

My question is this: are the options shown on the Viking page that are NOT listed on myvikingjourney.com completely unavailable? I know they are not "sold out" because some excursions are showing up as such. OR when I call to book excursions (which is my understanding, that I have to call - I cannot book online. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) will the options shown on the Viking website be available?

Thank you in advance for any and all help - I sincerely appreciate it!

Edited by mandyandriley

I strongly suggest you try to contact Viking directly. We are on the Dec 8 cruise and just did our bookings. There weren't any surprise additions/deletions leading to the sign up date, so I don't know what to tell you. It could be that some excursions are impacted by the holidays, but that's just a guess. Viking does appear to be monitoring these boards, so perhaps they will respond.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will do just that. I hope they will be able to tell me prior to our booking date, since decisions will need to be re-made if half the excursions we thought we had to choose from are now gone.

I also have to call to inquire about our flight info since we haven't received that yet.

Thanks! :p

Dear mandyandriley,

We are happy to help! My Viking Journey typically includes the most accurate and up-to-date information, but we are interested in reviewing the discrepancy in shore excursion offerings further. If you have not already contacted us by phone to inquire, please email us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information so that we may conduct a bit of research and provide you with an absolute answer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard in December!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

:confused:

I hope someone can help me with my question on booking shore excursions for my upcoming trip (Dec 22, 2015). On the viking oceans website, under the Mediterranean Christmas itinerary (http://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/western-mediterranean/mediterranean-christmas/index.html#itineraryday/8) under day 8 (for example) it lists 10 excursion options.

Today is the first day any excursion options have shown up on my account on myvikingjourney.com and the excursion options are different than what is listed on the Viking Cruise website. Unfortunately, the excursions we were most looking forward to, like "Rome & Private Visit of Vatican City Museums", are not listed as an options on this site. There are 6 excursion options listed.

Myvikingjourney.com states I am unable to book excursions until 67 days prior to embarking (DV) which I understand.

My question is this: are the options shown on the Viking page that are NOT listed on myvikingjourney.com completely unavailable? I know they are not "sold out" because some excursions are showing up as such. OR when I call to book excursions (which is my understanding, that I have to call - I cannot book online. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) will the options shown on the Viking website be available?

• 1 year later...

Mandy, we are taking the same trip in 2018. Can you please tell us what Christmas Day and New Years was like on the ship? Also with excursions? Were there any?

Thank you!

quote=mandyandriley;47950338]:confused:

Not sure if this is the whole answer as we are ocean newbies but have lots of river experience. I have found the same thing on our upcoming Viking Sun cruise. So far, those that I've investigated for dropping off between the website and the My Journey listings have been because some tours (whether through Viking or outside options) are seasonal and not offered on dates we sail. Another instance or two have been because the activity occurs on a day of the week that doesn't match our port visit. It's disappointing but we hope you find something to enjoy. We love Viking's destination-intensive itineraries and we're excited to be visiting new places.

I found that as time went on more showed as available. I think they have become pretty savy over the years in judging their cruisers.

In our final documents were excursions, both included and optional, that we had not seen when we reserved our first set. However I was able to book these that we chose very quickly on MVJ.

So I would suggest you just keep checking as time goes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums