Carnival Vista....

smcb66

So, I'm hoping I won't regret this :eek: (actually, I'm sure I won't).... Carnival isn't my favorite cruise line, but I've been on 4 Carnival cruises before. But they just had an offer that I couldn't pass up - even the rep at Carnival was shocked and amazed at the price we paid.

I will be going on the inaugural voyage of the Vista for 13 days in the Mediterranean. What should I expect on an inaugural voyage? And a Mediterranean voyage - we haven't done a European cruise before (previously only Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and Hawaii).

I guess I will have to take lots of notes and pictures, and post a review of the ship when the cruise is over.

We did the inaugurals on both the Dream and the Breeze. Had a great time as usual. There were minor hiccups, but nothing that ruined the cruise.

Though I do recall there was a strange smell on the Dream.

There is an excellent roll call for your cruise up and running. There are some cruisemates who we met on other cruises on there. The inaugural didn't suit our schedule this time, we will be sailing on the Vista out of Athens in September as it coincides with our Ruby Wedding anniversary.

Have a great time.

I would not be surprised if they are still finishing up a few things that might've been missed. Would expect that dining might not be the greatest as the crew has to get accustomed to the new ship. Could be the cruise of your life or the cruise from hell depending on how you look at it. The crew has to get accustomed to the ship and they might still be working the kinks out of the system.

You're brave for inaugural...after the sunshine's problems with her first voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sunshine was a "remodeled" ship and as such had a number of engineering nightmares to over come with adding more cabins, relocating things and a very tight time frame. Add to that the problems that were going on at the shipyard at that time and certain employees doing things to the ship to sabotage it and yes, the first sailing on the Sunshine had a few problems.

In contrast, the Vista is a new build and as such, the engineering plans have been thoroughly gone over and will continue to be looked at. This ship is taking over a year to build with a number of months doing sea trials making sure that she will be sea worthy in every way.

As for the crew. The crew will be coming to the Vista at least 1 to 2 months ahead of the first sailing to learn the ship and prepare it for passengers. There will not be much of a learning curve because although visually to us the ship will be a different type, but the inner workings, the kitchen, Hwy 95, and all the behind the scene places that we would not see will be pretty much like any other Carnival ship.

smcb66, this is going to be a fabulous cruise and if I can help in any way just let me know on our roll call. :)

So, I'm hoping I won't regret this :eek: (actually, I'm sure I won't).... Carnival isn't my favorite cruise line, but I've been on 4 Carnival cruises before. But they just had an offer that I couldn't pass up - even the rep at Carnival was shocked and amazed at the price we paid.

I will be going on the inaugural voyage of the Vista for 13 days in the Mediterranean. What should I expect on an inaugural voyage? And a Mediterranean voyage - we haven't done a European cruise before (previously only Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and Hawaii).

I guess I will have to take lots of notes and pictures, and post a review of the ship when the cruise is over.

Congrats, I hope you have an amazing time! We're on her 4th sailing, (first time on Carnival) and we're really looking forward to a great time. I can hardly wait for Guy's and the Chocolate Molten Cake.