Future Cruise Credit (for cnxling Early Saver cruise)

MistyRo76

Hello all,

A couple who was supposed to be on our upcoming Breeze cruise had to cancel due to a job change where one of them couldn't get time off that soon on the job. They received a letter from Carnival stating they would get a future cruise credit in the amount of their deposit less a $50 pp service fee for the cancellation.

The verbiage on the letter says that the credit "must be redeemed" within 24 months from the date of the cancellation.

I take that to mean that you have to have a cruise booked and the credit applied with 24 months. Does anyone have any experience with this? I just want to be sure whether you have to just book a cruise within that time frame or if you have to complete travel.

We're looking to book another cruise for 2017 and they want to join this one. So we're just trying to figure out when they need to use this credit and/or cruise by.

Thanks,

Misty

The act of booking another cruise and applying the Future Cruise Credit toward that booking qualifies as "redemption".

So you would have up to 24 months to book another cruise and apply the Future Cruise Certificate.

That's how I read it too...but my PVP said the cruise has to be completed within 24 months. I'm going to have him call Carnival directly and see what he can find out.

Do you have experience directly with this?

24 months for him based on when he cancelled his previous cruise would be August 7th, 2017 and we're looking at cruising mid-Oct, 2017. I'm trying to find a date that works for my 4 siblings so we can make this a whole-family cruise extended to our friends as well. Trying to come up with a date that works for all my siblings and I has been a challenge. :)

The FCC cannot be used as a deposit on the new cruise, so they will need to be prepared to reserve it by other means then go ahead and add the FCC as additional payment. When we cancelled an ES rate, they said we had to book within 24 months. This was last year so not sure if things have changed since then.

I was told that the money was held for 24 months and travel completed within 36. And as firemanbobswife, posted the funds are used as payment but not deposit. This was in February prior to our late June 5 day cruise. (Early Saver / Prior to final payment)

That's how I read it too...but my PVP said the cruise has to be completed within 24 months. I'm going to have him call Carnival directly and see what he can find out.

Do you have experience directly with this?

24 months for him based on when he cancelled his previous cruise would be August 7th, 2017 and we're looking at cruising mid-Oct, 2017. I'm trying to find a date that works for my 4 siblings so we can make this a whole-family cruise extended to our friends as well. Trying to come up with a date that works for all my siblings and I has been a challenge. :)

I think I would be finding a new PVP.

It is suppose to be booked within 24 months. I have not seen anywhere that they recently changed this.

I think I would be finding a new PVP.

It is suppose to be booked within 24 months. I have not seen anywhere that they recently changed this.

The current Early Saver Terms and Conditions are worded "A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are nonrefundable/nontransferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a SAILING within 24 months from the date of cancellation."

Having said that, the Terms & Conditions in Guest notes on our Early Saver Confirmation are "...the future cruise credit must be used for BOOKINGS in USD currency within 24 months of the date of cancellation".

Also, if you cancel and re-book in the same phone call, Carnival generally lets you apply the remaining deposit balance to the DEPOSIT on the next cruise; if you wait to re-book later, Carnival applies the remaining deposit balance to the CRUISEFARE on the next cruise.

Ken

Edited by Ken076

I had to cancel and make some changed on our cruise 2 years ago. I also had 24 months from the date it was cancelled to take the cruise to use the credit. It was iffy for me because the cruise I wanted to take was 23 months after the first cruise. However, since my cancellation was 3 months prior to the first cruise, I couldn't use it on the cruise that was later.

So we try to cruise in December always. Since my final payment was due the first week of September, I had to cancel then that one room. Therefore, I had to use my credit by September and not the December cruise that we always take.