Yet another sale--30% Off - Every Ship, Every Sailing

Thirty days ago I booked AOS sailing the Southern Caribbean early Dec 2015. The price on a E2 balcony was around $1350 or $1400 after tax and port fees. I got a lower fare with my TA. Today the same category and sailing is $2300. It appears Royal is raising the rates prior to the sale.

Thirty days ago I booked AOS sailing the Southern Caribbean early Dec 2015. The price on a E2 balcony was around $1350 or $1400 after tax and port fees. I got a lower fare with my TA. Today the same category and sailing is $2300. It appears Royal is raising the rates prior to the sale.

That is not the case for me. I just found today that a sailing I priced a month or two ago is cheaper today. I am curious to see what it is come Sunday.

On the website I use, (an Australian one), the prices have remained the same, but you get up to $400USD OBC- which is awesome because the Aussie dollar is sooooooo low at the moment, so it's really closer to $500OBC.

We are still looking for a price drop as there are 27 junior suites still available- so I'm hoping the price will drop a fair bit before we book.

We booked a balcony for a cruise on Indy next May. We got $400 dollars on board spending and a pretty good price. Since we booked I have noticed the price of our cabin has gone up by over £600. So it seems RC have raised the prices just to knock them down again.

Traveling solo the BOGO usually works out better than the 30% off because of the way RCCL applied the 30%.

With a BOGO the net affect for me is a 25% discount. I am anxiously waiting to see if this sale is REALLY 30% off for everyone - meaning 30% off for me.

I also sail solo and just booked at the bogo rate

How does rccl apply the 30% to solos?

Thanks

We booked a balcony for a cruise on Indy next May. We got $400 dollars on board spending and a pretty good price. Since we booked I have noticed the price of our cabin has gone up by over £600. So it seems RC have raised the prices just to knock them down again.

That seems to be the pattern with thr majority of prices on their "sales" these days.

I have been watching prices for the last few days including just now. I have BOGO, plus Diamond balcony and additional 100.00 off for an E2. If the new sale gets me a D1 for same price or a little more I will change, but if they bump prices up to take 30% off then no dice. I will post tomorrow what ends up happening with my particular booking. Frankly the more I read about the way RCCL prices their sales, the more disgusted I become. Celebrity and HAL actually offer true sales and not jack around raising in order to lower

I should have booked under the bogo deal, with the new 30% deal all the sailings I looked at just a mere hour ago are up considerably. I figured the bogo 50% off deal meant a cumulative 25% savings so the 30% off would be better. Live and learn, rates on the sailings I have been tracking in went up 15% - 25% from the bogo deal.

Just playing around with the rates on some cruises and found them to be a reasonable price for many of the cruises I was looking at. In most cases, it did not appear to me that RCCL jacked up the prices from where they were at a few days ago before adding the discount.

The best deals appear on many of the cruises where you put 3 or 4 in a cabin because those individuals are now discounted as well. This may be a great time to book for those looking for cabins holding more than 2 people in them.

Booked two cruises in the past few weeks:

Anthem 10/2016

UP.....$1250 over the past couple of weeks. With the 30 percent sale today, dropped $225 We are still $1000 ahead.:eek:

Harmony ...4/2017

UP $500 over the past couple of weeks. With the 30 percent sale today,

dropped $200. We are still $300 ahead.:eek:

I booked an A3 and a CP balcony on Harmony last June when they had the 30/30/30....

The A3s are sold out so no way to check that, but the CP was between $800. - $1,000 more during the BoGoHo and this 30 off Sale is about 500 higher than what we paid...

Its all about timing! Sometimes ya just get lucky

I just checked the prices on my two sailings since I got a price drop alert on the Harmony. This sale isn't any good for me, but that's because the deal I got during the first 30/30/30 sale is so good. They've jacked prices way up since then, and while there is a price drop from the current rate, the Harmony cruise even with the new sale is $800 or so more than what I paid and nearly $700 more on the Radiance.

Edited by shutterbug63

My 4-night cruise for 3 people next July dropped only a little bit. I'm booking anyway because my aunt and grandmother REALLY want to take this cruise, and it has to be in July because of my aunt's schedule. Otherwise, I would never book a July cruise (too hot, too expensive).