NCL Newbie question.

boscobeans

My wife and I recently booked a cruise on the Gem and have a question about the different dining venues and their menus. We have been on about 18 cruises and decided to try Free-Style cruising in hopes of a more relaxed vacation.

Aside from the 2 MDR's which we assume have menus that change from night to night do the other dining options/restaurants have menus that change or are they the same from night to night?

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco

Pretty much the same, O'sheens the 24 hour place will have specials like prime rib or ribs and the buffet changes.

Thanks Gregor, that's about what we gleaned from the website. I am sure there will be enough variety even in venues without changing menus.

Thanks again for the response.

bosco

My wife and I recently booked a cruise on the Gem and have a question about the different dining venues and their menus. We have been on about 18 cruises and decided to try Free-Style cruising in hopes of a more relaxed vacation.

Aside from the 2 MDR's which we assume have menus that change from night to night do the other dining options/restaurants have menus that change or are they the same from night to night?

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco

Even though the menus at the specialty restaurants do not change, there are enough options that you could eat at the same one several nights and not have to repeat any of your choices unless you wanted to.

Even though the menus at the specialty restaurants do not change, there are enough options that you could eat at the same one several nights and not have to repeat any of your choices unless you wanted to.

Thanks so much. That is exactly what we were hoping for.

bosco

We enjoyed our freestyle experience on the Jade. The food on the MDR was so good, we ended not having to eat at speciality restaurants (that said we were in a suite so we could have Cagney's for breakfast and lunch every day).

Here is a video of the MDR food on NCL Jade. I tried to capture all that we ate there.

[YOUTUBE]xOimIZW3xEw[/YOUTUBE]

This ^^ :)

Other than Cagney's the only speciality dining restaurant we tried was Jasmine, on the NCL Jade. We didn't find it great (well, I think we have high standards when it comes to such food), so we wouldn't recommend it.

Here was the experience.

[YOUTUBE]zl4tt5jpWVs[/YOUTUBE]