Don Bosco Hotel School Sihanoukville

scubadawg

All I can say is JUST DO IT. We did it last November whilst on a Sapphire Princess cruise. I contacted Peter (if my memory serves me correctly, forgive me if I am wrong) and he responded to my many emails incredibly promptly. He said only 2 persons were needed for the shore excursion to take place. We ended up with about 12. You need to walk out of the port (very short walk) and the mini bus will pick you up outside. We were taken to a fishing village nearby (very poor - makes you incredibly grateful for everything you have in life). We had ice-cream at their ice-cream shop, then went to a waterfall nearby. Then it was lunch at the school which was amazing. We were told of the work done at the hospitality school and it was one of the most hearwarming short excursions I have ever organised. Lunch was absolutely delicious. We were then taken back to the ship. It was a joy to pay for this excursion to help with the wonderful work done at the school.

All I can say is JUST DO IT. We did it last November whilst on a Sapphire Princess cruise. I contacted Peter (if my memory serves me correctly, forgive me if I am wrong) and he responded to my many emails incredibly promptly. He said only 2 persons were needed for the shore excursion to take place. We ended up with about 12. You need to walk out of the port (very short walk) and the mini bus will pick you up outside. We were taken to a fishing village nearby (very poor - makes you incredibly grateful for everything you have in life). We had ice-cream at their ice-cream shop, then went to a waterfall nearby. Then it was lunch at the school which was amazing. We were told of the work done at the hospitality school and it was one of the most hearwarming short excursions I have ever organised. Lunch was absolutely delicious. We were then taken back to the ship. It was a joy to pay for this excursion to help with the wonderful work done at the school.

I'll Second that.

The school is mostly run by volunteers. It is a hospitality school. The whole city is very poor, quite a shock if you haven't been before. K

Thanks! I have been in contact with school and will be doing this with my group of 4 and whoever else signs up. We are not going till Jan 17 so lots of time for others to join. I have been to other very poor parts of the world so wont be too shocked. I did Myanmar last year, so so many on the ship hated it because of the poverty, trash etc. I found it fascinating to see the beautiful country and lovely people. Looking forward to Sihanoukville,,,,,,,,,,