One Night Before Boarding Breeze

hlauburn

We (husband and I, 2 young kids) are going on the Breeze in mid March, and we will be driving to Miami from the St Augustine (Jacksonville area) the day before. We will probably arrive mid-day and would like somewhere somewhat fun and not just a motel on the interstate....maybe nearby some cool restaurants, shops, activities.

Unfortunately there is a huge music fest going on that weekend and everything in downtown Miami seems to be booked (or $500). Can anyone suggest any other places that might be good for a short stay? What about Fort Lauderdale? Or even something along the way coming down I-95?

Thanks!

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area with dining and shopping nearby, plus access to the water taxi, etc. You can look for something on the beach, but with spring break I suspect the prices will not be much cheaper than Miami.

Edited by JohninDC

We (husband and I, 2 young kids) are going on the Breeze in mid March, and we will be driving to Miami from the St Augustine (Jacksonville area) the day before. We will probably arrive mid-day and would like somewhere somewhat fun and not just a motel on the interstate....maybe nearby some cool restaurants, shops, activities.

Unfortunately there is a huge music fest going on that weekend and everything in downtown Miami seems to be booked (or $500). Can anyone suggest any other places that might be good for a short stay? What about Fort Lauderdale? Or even something along the way coming down I-95?

Thanks!

What are your dates?

Las Olas, Delray Beach, and Palm Beach are great choices but without knowing your dates, something big might be going on in those cities.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area with dining and shopping nearby, plus access to the water taxi, etc. You can look for something on the beach, but with spring break I suspect the prices will not be much cheaper than Miami.

Thanks...I'll check it out.

What are your dates?

Las Olas, Delray Beach, and Palm Beach are great choices but without knowing your dates, something big might be going on in those cities.

March 19.

I believe there is a big show right before our cruise which is driving up the prices as well in Dec. We were going to stay at Hampton Inn Brickell but ultimately decided against it because of the potential traffic. Since you have a car, you may want to look into the element hotel near MIA or in Doral. Each room has a kitchenette, there free wifi and breakfast (although parking is $10 near the airport unless you book the stay and cruise package). All the MIA attractions are within about 25 mins (we're hitting the malls for shopping. Stay bridge suites and Cambria suites also seem good for places outside of downtown MIA with quick access to many areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by missintuitive

I believe there is a big show right before our cruise which is driving up the prices as well in Dec. We were going to stay at Hampton Inn Brickell but ultimately decided against it because of the potential traffic. Since you have a car, you may want to look into the element hotel near MIA or in Doral. Each room has a kitchenette, there free wifi and breakfast (although parking is $10 near the airport unless you book the stay and cruise package). All the MIA attractions are within about 25 mins (we're hitting the malls for shopping. Stay bridge suites and Cambria suites also seem good for places outside of downtown MIA with quick access to many areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

/

Talk about bad traffic, I would not suggest to anyone to stay in Doral.

Thanks...I'll check it out.

March 19.

That is the weekend of the Ultra Music Festival in Downtown Miami. I would stay clear of Miami, except for driving to POM to board the ship.

Book a place in Fort Lauderdale near either Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale Beach, or Lauderdale by the Sea. However, keep in mind that March is also peak Spring Break month, so prices will still be high, even in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Last year we boarded the Breeze during Ultra. Stayed up in Boca Raton the night before and drove in the morning of the cruise. The good news is that in the morning of boarding the traffic won't be awful in DT Miami as the party people will still be sleeping off the night before's fun. Just be sure to use the tunnel to get to the pier, avoiding all the roads that will be closed downtown.