Did we make the right decision?

barbaragrace

We have the aft cabins 9320 and 9318 on the Breakaway. Our TA called the other day and asked if we wanted a free upgrade to mini suites on the 12th floor mid-ship. We only had a few hours to decide and we told him that we would keep our aft cabins.

Both your cabins have great balconies. We had 9318 two weeks ago. Here are some pictures, not taken by us. Very quiet and near the aft elevators. :) Both cabins will be exactly the same of course. The one next to 9320, 9322 is narrower.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41612323

Here is a video of 9318 on the Getaway, which is exactly the same.

Edited by janetz

Both your cabins have great balconies. We had 9318 two weeks ago. Here are some pictures, not taken by us. Very quiet and near the aft elevators. :) Both cabins will be exactly the same of course. The one next to 9320, 9322 is narrower.

THANK YOU everyone! We love aft balconies on all ships - and the view...spectacular! Never had a min-suite before and if it's only plus is a bathtub, I can live without that!

(If you ever have a chance to go on Celebrity Summit's corner aft balcony - you can party with 10 people comfortably on it!)

My parents have 9320. Janetz do you think the balcony divider looked as if it could be open?

One week away...NOW I'm really getting excited!!

It can but I am pretty sure they do not open them. Never hurts to ask. We had a sail away party of 8 and there was room for more. Enjoy, its it the perfect spot. :) We had 9322, the narrow balcony, but switched when I noticed 9318 open up.

Edited by janetz

That's my post, LOL and my DH in the photos. :D

We have the aft cabins 9320 and 9318 on the Breakaway. Our TA called the other day and asked if we wanted a free upgrade to mini suites on the 12th floor mid-ship. We only had a few hours to decide and we told him that we would keep our aft cabins.

You definitely made the right decision! Enjoy!!! :)

Aft cabins are very nice; the only advantage i can see to the mini suite; mid ship is convenience. I think you will be just fine. Bath tubs are nice, but a lot of people do not even use them. We had an aft facing cabin on HAL one year, it was awesome: big, nice and quiet>

Edited by newmexicoNita

We just got home from a fantastic Aft-Facing Penthouse on the Getaway. We are booked in a mini-suite next year on the Escape and are calling our TA tomorrow to switch that to an Aft-Facing Balcony room. I think you made the right call:D