warm cabin on Glory

wolfatlga

Just back from our Glory cruise. The upgrade fairy called at 4 pm the day before our cruise and we got the Grand Suite for 650 extra, glad we did, had an extra sea day.

However, after sailing we called to have the temperature checked and were told it was operating according to Carnival standards.

I know they keep it warm to save on fuel costs, but that doesn't fly in the face of today's fuel cost being so low.

So wanted to suggest a fan if you are going.

BEST food ever!

We will write a review latter.

I'm just off the Magic in a balcony midship and nearly froze. I actually had to turn up the thermostat.

I usually travel with a light jacket, but failed to do so this time. I had to sit with the beach towel around my shoulders.

Just back from our Glory cruise. The upgrade fairy called at 4 pm the day before our cruise and we got the Grand Suite for 650 extra, glad we did, had an extra sea day.

However, after sailing we called to have the temperature checked and were told it was operating according to Carnival standards.

I know they keep it warm to save on fuel costs, but that doesn't fly in the face of today's fuel cost being so low.

BEST food ever!

We are just back from the same cruise.

did notice that early in the cruise large areas of the ship were rather warm.

Excellent cruise but due to weather missed HMC.

BEST food ever!

We sailed on Glory in April and had a Lido deck balcony. It did get warm during the nights and the last night was down right hot in the cabin. If I ever sailed Glory again, I would bring a fan!

Temperature is probably even more subjective than food.

Even for the same person, the temperature may seem to vary in the same place like the cabin or MDR from minute to minute. Sweater on, sweater off - sweater on, sweater off - meanwhile, a thermometer would indicate no change at all, it's just in somebody's perception. It's real, they feel it, can't be helped. Sweater on, sweater off.

Edited by evandbob

Your cruise ship doesn't pull up to gas station like you do with an automobile. The fuel in the barge that filled your ship could have easily been contracted over a year ago. There really isn't any way to know what Carnival paid for that fuel. So just because filling your car with gas is cheap right now doesn't mean the Airlines or Cruise ships have those low prices available. Nor does it mean next year that they will be cheap.

BEST food ever!

Which GS were you in? We just got a call from the upsell fairy and upgraded to a GS for our 11/14 on the glory. Would be upset if the room was warm!