NCL Star Garden Villa

gacruzguy

My family and I are debating whether or not to book the Garden Villa on the Star. Have not heard much about them since the refurbishment. Any recent pictures of the Garden Villa? For those of you who stayed in it, did you think it was worth the money?

The refurbishments usually don't affect cabins that much - if something is severely broken, it is fixed during normal operations.

I was in a Garden Villa on Star's sister ship Dawn for 12 days and while I probably won't get the chance to do that again, yes the experience was worth the money.

We will be in the GV in the star 4 weeks from today! :) I will post picture when I get back. I believe Carrie, (cml4958), who was just on the a Star in the GV will be posting soon.

From what I can tell, from a strictly GV point of view, the Dawn and the Star are the best ships. That's why we selected our upcoming cruise, based on the GV and the probable nice sunny weather to enjoy that outdoor space! :)

We will be in the GV in the star 4 weeks from today! :) I will post picture when I get back. I believe Carrie, (cml4958), who was just on the a Star in the GV will be posting soon.

From what I can tell, from a strictly GV point of view, the Dawn and the Star are the best ships. That's why we selected our upcoming cruise, based on the GV and the probable nice sunny weather to enjoy that outdoor space! :)

We have sailed the Star GVs four times due to the ability to book BOTh of the, and open up the adjoining living room walls as wll as the out door spaces. But although this set up works perfectly for my large family....we have shied away for two years due to the declining condition of these lovely suites. The automatic curtains were taped and patched, carpets worn, bedspreads were VERY old and looked artificial plant that have lost all of their leaves... still the best set up ever for a large family but we have booked one GV and five two bedroom Haven suites for our next family trip.

My first choice would be the two adjoining Garden Villas and will be anxiously awaiting any recent cruisers in either of these suites to hear if improvements have been made as we would book them again in a heartbeat.......but for now we are booked Conan newer NCL ships.

The only thing I've seen is if you go to NCL.com and look up the Star and then Staterooms they updated the picture of the room. The only main difference I can spot off the top of my head is they put in that brown carpeting. Someone posted pics of the Star OS after drydock and they also put in the same carpeting.

• 4 months later...

I have stayed in GV' in both the star and dawn. The coffee maker is a pod type maker with Lavazza coffee if I remember right.

Our family does love the GV. It is awesome. That being said, the prices have greatly increased for them in the past 5 years, and if I were the one paying, I would not do it at the current price point. My mother still loves it and would rather splurge than die with money in the bank. If you really really love to cruise and want luxury it is the best. But if you're just looking to relax, you can get a large suite at a luxury resort for much less and probably nicer rooms and better beds.