Getaway Levity Comedy Club

mpcaruth

Yay! I am within my 90-day cruise window, so I can now make reservations for shows. It appears there are comedy shows on 5 different nights, at three times each night. I want to make reservations for the four of us for the "family" shows. We have a 13 and 15 year old who love the family comedy shows on Carnival. I also want to make reservations for me and my husband at later 18+ shows. So, my questions I am hoping some of you can help me with: Is the first show each evening a family show? Are the other two shows each evening the same act? Are there different shows throughout the week, or is Tuesday night a re-hash of Monday night?

We want to see Legally Blonde and the Illusionarium also. But definitely want to see as many comedy shows as we can.

Thanks!

Usually they have 2 different comedians and so the shows change. Unless you can get a copy of the freestyle daily ahead of time you will now know until on ship.

Yes the earlier show is more family friendly. They will list the evening show as 18+ but my DH said it was not that much different but he can be a little oblivious sometimes :-)

DH went a couple of times on our cruise and never needed reservations. I go to bed early..

You can only book it for one time and book the early show then you can always just show up for the later show. We have never been unable to see a comedy show because it was sold out. I am sure that can happen but its not the norm.

We went multiple times because we enjoy live comedy and it was sort of a "what can we do?" "Oh there is a comedy show okay lets go." kind of a thing.

I spoke to someone at NCL just yesterday about this as I was booking dining/entertainment as well. I have 12/16/16 children. He said there are usually three showings per night, 7:00, 9:00, and 11:00. They each get a little big more adult. He said my 12 year old wouldn't be out of place at the 9:00 showing (that it would sort of be the level of Saturday Night Live), but that there are seldom people under 21 at the 11:00 showing. I think I would feel comfortable with my children attending either the 7 or the 9 showing depending on our schedule. That being said, I have never actually been to one of these and might be in for a bit of a surprise! :eek:

I don't think there's any way to figure out which comedian is doing which show and whether it's a repeat or a new show. Our first time on the Getaway I spent a lot of time making reservations before the cruise and then had to change most of them once I got on the ship.

The second time I made reservations for Legally Blond and Burn the Floor before the cruise and then went to the Ticket Office (deck 6 forward starboard, if I remember correctly) once onboard and booked the comedians. They have stand by lines for the shows but I'm not into standing in line.

• 1 month later...