Query on Dream

Just a quick one for the good folks on this forum

Cannot remember due to old age (me and the DREAM):o if on Captains night

Apart from the Lido buffet are the pay restaurants open?

Have done said shaky handy, photo ,photo, glass of something, bit of a sprout canope,speeches …. What sitting are we on ? :) etc All good but thought might try a change.

best to all

Stevie

ps where is Kalos and Jim s and has Kruzee gone away again !!!:D

thanks Geo ,may try with no sprouts :D

where is Kalos,? Kruzze (on another holiday I bet ) Jim Scot ?

Hi! Have to fess up - just got back. Great trip NY, New England and Quebec. Fab itinerary! Doesn't seem right to go on about it on here (as you will have surmised it wasn't with Thom's) but we enjoyed it very much.

I keep reading though ;) and am very interested to hear what you're all doing. Happy planning all. :).

Hi! Have to fess up - just got back. Great trip NY, New England and Quebec. Fab itinerary! Doesn't seem right to go on about it on here (as you will have surmised it wasn't with Thom's) but we enjoyed it very much.

yay! sounds fabulous kruzee:cool: (good to have you back) ... would luv to hear all about it:cool:

Edited by geomagot

Hi, the pay extra resturants are open on the formal evening. We always book into one for the formal evening. I will say they are still popular even on the Formal night therefore we always make a point of reserving as soon as we board the ship.

Hello all,

Haven,t been cruising for some time so got out of the habit of actually coming on here outwith the odd look or posting as had nothing really to contribute

Away on the maj again soon though and booked the Discovery for a stay and cruise next year

Sadly you might here more from me now :D

Hello all,

Haven,t been cruising for some time so got out of the habit of actually coming on here outwith the odd look or posting as had nothing really to contribute

Away on the maj again soon though and booked the Discovery for a stay and cruise next year

Sadly you might here more from me now :D

Lovely to hear from you Jim. Hope you and Mrs JTS are well :)

When do you go on the Majesty?

I keep reading though ;) and am very interested to hear what you're all doing. Happy planning all. :).

Hi Kruzseeka nice to know you had a super cruise was it Aurora came in Sunday every one i spoke to had a loverly cruise C,mon you Cherries :D

Hi, the pay extra resturants are open on the formal evening. We always book into one for the formal evening. I will say they are still popular even on the Formal night therefore we always make a point of reserving as soon as we board the ship.

Can you use the pay restaurants on Dream in formal night if not wearing formal outfit hubby doesn't fancy a dinner suit the Carribean

Another one here who would love to know all about it.

My husband is defo keen and I need reassurance the sea days are managable. ;)

Yes it was Aurora so,ton saint - yes and we're keeping our fingers crossed for the Cherries! :)

Happy v - I doubt anyone was more anti sea days than me but after doing a Dream TA a couple of years ago I discovered that I could relax into the rhythm of sea days very well. There were plenty of things to do on board - the usual games, quizzes, enhancement activities, lectures, wine tasting, Bridge, choir etc. They also showed the Rugby in the night club so that generated a good atmosphere - especially for the Wales supporters! Seems pretty much the same kind of fare on all cruise ships but as long as I get a significant number of port days I'm happy with that. This trip involved a TA both ways so you can tell I've changed my tune!

Well since there seems to be some interest in hearing about our trip here goes - I'll try to keep it brief!

Ship lovely, recently refurbed so in good decorative order. I especially like the size to passenger ratio on Aurora. There is lots of deck space, spacious pool deck and no problems with finding loungers. There was a good variety of bars, venues on board including a nice cinema, large theatre and big Crow's Nest Bar at the top/front of the ship. Cabins good size and loads of storage with tea/coffee making facilities and free safe. Passengers were almost all British and the ambience on board was very pleasant. Dress codes much like Thomson although there is an intermediate one requiring a jacket though not tie but I take the same type of clothes as for Thomson. This jacket code wasn't on the Caribbean itineraries and I think might be disappearing next year.

Service was excellent, friendly and food choice and variety very good. There are two main dining rooms, one currently with two sittings and the other 'Freedom' so you can choose when you want to go in. There are speciality options with surcharge which were excellent and reasonably priced. Drinks prices we thought were comparable to Thomson and there was good selection of wine to buy buy the glass (eg very nice Chilean Merlot 175 ml @ £3.95).

Evening entertainment we thought was very good and with a variety of production shows of a good standard though not as frequent as Thoms. Orchestra, bands, musicians excellent with superb classical musicians. Sailaways a bit tame though compared with T's! CD was superb! His rendition of 'I want to break free' (yes, complete with wig, boobs, carpet sweeper and fishnets :eek: ) was a revelation!

The itinerary was superb though. NY was so exciting with an overnight there and the sail in towards the Manhattan skyline and past the Statue of Liberty seemed unreal. We were berthed in Manhattan so could just walk off into Midtown - fantastic! . US immigration is a pain though - took over 4 hours and we heard tales of worse! We booked a tour for the first day so got off early. Went up the Rock, to Central Park, Times Sq, across the Brooklyn Br to see the city lit up at night. Also went to the 9/11 Memorial which was very moving - it was a privilege to have seen it especially since access was uncertain due to the Pope's visit. Amazing city - definitely worth a visit.

Next we went to Newport, Rhode Island a lovely scenic contrast to the city. Boston followed next. Great city and easy DiY. Then Portland followed where we did a half day trip to Kennebunkport - a very pretty, upmarket holiday home area for the very wealthy.

Then we did our first Canadian port, Halifax. I was really taken with this city. Beautiful gardens, an interesting citadel and restored historic wharf and a boardwalk with loads of eating options.

Next was Saint John. This was a very low key stop and the least interesting on the itinerary but pleasant enough to have a more relaxing day as we hadn't had a gap since hitting land so we were getting a bit weary! After a sea day we arrived at Quebec. What a city with another amazing sail in. The Château Fontenac standing on top of the cliff overlooking the St Lawrence is spectacular! Wow! (Can't manage to post link but try Googling 'Château Fontenac pictures')

Quebec is so French - perhaps I should have expected it but you could have been in Paris with overtones of Old Prague. Fabulous chic, stylish shops. Such beautiful architecture. Fantastic!

Our last port was Sydney where we did a half day trip along the Cabot Trail and to Baddeck with more clapboard houses and delightful scenery. Only thing was the colours were just beginning to change but we didn't get the glorious reds, oranges and yellows of the Fall as the weather had been too mild. We had wonderful weather though so although the Autumn colours were a consideration in booking the cruise, it really didn't matter in the end as the cruise was so good.

I'd definitely recommend an itinerary like this one. Fab!

Sorry, gone on a bit - again! :( Oops! That was meant to be an embarrassed face but can't delete it on this keyboard! :o:o

Edited by kruzseeka

Sounds fantastic Kruzsseka; thank you for sharing.

Some lovely staff we met on the Balmoral have just done a very similar itinerary to you but they started at the top & worked their way down; she has been to Florida too - I have been seeing their photos & it looks a really lovely itinerary.

Do I see you have another one booked too??

Sounds fantastic Kruzsseka; thank you for sharing.

Some lovely staff we met on the Balmoral have just done a very similar itinerary to you but they started at the top & worked their way down; she has been to Florida too - I have been seeing their photos & it looks a really lovely itinerary.

Do I see you have another one booked too??

Thanks Jules. Hmm.. yes - we have. Spotted an itinerary that includes New Orleans and Florida which we've never been to so am looking forward to that.

Thank you for that Kruzseeka. It sounds wonderful. I have to admit it's the thought of he autumn colour which is attracting us. However with nature you just have to take a chance.

Can I ask you about the sea conditions from US to Canada, obviously they can change but do you know if it's generally choppy or not?

Thank you for that Kruzseeka. It sounds wonderful. I have to admit it's the thought of he autumn colour which is attracting us. However with nature you just have to take a chance.

Can I ask you about the sea conditions from US to Canada, obviously they can change but do you know if it's generally choppy or not?

From the US to Canada good - just had a more pronounced swell as we entered the Gulf of St Lawrence. The TA were pretty good - again not something you can guarantee. But we did have a Force 10 overnight going out but the ship seemed to handle it well and there didn't appear to be many passengers affected. Mainly 1- 3m wave height most days. Had 'moderate' seas some days coming back - but didn't take any Stugeron! Quite a notable thing for me!