Query on Dream

Oh it sounds wonderful Kruzseeka. My brother and sister in law loved it when they went a few years ago. They missed the leaves too :(

I told you it was awful getting into the USA :rolleyes:

You were lucky with the seas, my brother had force 10 gales coming out of Canada :eek::eek:

From the US to Canada good - just had a more pronounced swell as we entered the Gulf of St Lawrence. The TA were pretty good - again not something you can guarantee. But we did have a Force 10 overnight going out but the ship seemed to handle it well and there didn't appear to be many passengers affected. Mainly 1- 3m wave height most days. Had 'moderate' seas some days coming back - but didn't take any Stugeron! Quite a notable thing for me!

It's funny that, because I suffer badly too. Yet when we did the TA it was quite rough and windy and I didn't need medication. I have researched sea sickness quite a bit and there are suggestions it does ease as you get older. However when we went to the Northern Lights I was in the swimming pool and the water was really churning and splashing and I had to get out as I felt quite sick.:confused:

how fabulous, is that.... sailing towards the manhattan skyline :cool: (thats on my bucket list)

thanks for this kruz:cool:

I'd definitely recommend it. We'd never been to the States or Cananda before so it was all exciting but to actually see so many places you'd only ever heard of and can now visualise is great. (Times Sq isn't a square :eek: and the amount of electricity being used!!!!)

You know it's he sort of thing I reckon Thomson could do really well. Pull one of the ships out of the Med a bit early, say mid Sept, TA to NY, up the Eastern seaboard to Quebec, detour up the tributary to Saguenay (we didn't but that's supposed to be good), perhaps with a smaller ship go all the way up to Montreal, fly passengers back from there, one or two more trips between Montreal (or Quebec with overnights there and in NY) then last itinerary from NY to relocate to the Caribbean for the winter. They're good at innovative itineraries and thinking of the shrinking cruise areas of late it could be very popular and get them across the pond with something a little new. Wonder if they might consider that?

Thanks Linda,were both wellish.Another year older and more groans and creeks :D

Hope your well Linda

Were off in November

Lovely to hear from you Jim, So you are off to the canaries cruising in November then, which itinerary are you doing and have you done this one before? Is this for Gwens birthday or am i getting confused in my old age

Just a quick one for the good folks on this forum

Cannot remember due to old age (me and the DREAM):o if on Captains night

Apart from the Lido buffet are the pay restaurants open?

Have done said shaky handy, photo ,photo, glass of something, bit of a sprout canope,speeches …. What sitting are we on ? :) etc All good but thought might try a change.

best to all

Stevie

ps where is Kalos and Jim s and has Kruzee gone away again !!!:D

Hi Steve I must confess to considering doing the posh restaurants on one of the captains nights as we will have two and have done quite a few already although we would still be dressing up. Better reserve as soon as we board hope its worth the extra charge

is it a special one I ask because my special one is next month and thats why we are cruising

Yeah Shirley it's a special one the big ????

We were talking about your special one this morning as we knew it's was around the same time

Where you cruising?

Hi everyone :) Glad to read everyone seems to be doing ok .

I am reading up on the various islands we will be doing on our TA cruise

next year and trying to work out the best things for each day as where we can most will be DIY trips .... ?

Should we cash our £££'s into USA $$$ before we go or change them when we get over there ?

We do have a money card that can be used worldwide and gives a good exchange rate as well .

Have been side tracked by reading about P&O's new boarding times ..

They are not happy about it ...Mr P&O Boss Says" it's what they wanted :confused:"

Just got back in from a spot of shopping with Mrs K...

strolling up one aisle it was Fireworks , Halloween, and Christmas :eek:

They seem to have run out of Easter eggs though :)

Never mind it's only ten weeks to National Sprout Day today !:D

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

Should we cash our £££'s into USA $$$ before we go or change them when we get over there ?

We do have a money card that can be used worldwide and gives a good exchange rate as well

Never mind it's only ten weeks to National Sprout Day today !

Hope you all have a great weekend

10 weeks today... woo hooo:cool::)

no wait!?

i'll be on celebration.... no sprouts:( ... maybe a pumpkin tho ... woo hoo:cool:

we change our £'s before we go... online (slightly better rate for click & collect) cant help with money cards... have never used them? i'm guessing you can use them in the cashpoints but dont they dispense local currency?