Difference in the Burrito Bar and the Blue Iguana Cantina?

wantocruisemore

Love the cantina, especially the breakfasts. Saw the Burrito Bar listed on Magic. What is the difference?

The burrito bar is a no fee dining area with delish food. It does not serve alcohol. Whereas, correct me if I'm wrong, the Cantina is a fee venue and they serve drinks.

The burrito bar is a no fee dining area with delish food. It does not serve alcohol. Whereas, correct me if I'm wrong, the Cantina is a fee venue and they serve drinks.

Cantina is not for a fee and does not serve drinks. Blue Iguana Tequila Bar sells drinks but that's a separate place.

OP no idea about the burrito bar, sorry

Next poster got it right, the cantina is no fee, no drinks and has made to order burritos, tacos, and in the morning has breakfast burritos, hueveros rancheros and arepas.

What is the menu for the Burrito Bar and does it do breakfast too?

The Blue Iguana Cantina is absolutely free. It serves tacos, burritos, huevos rancheros and breakfast burritos. There is also a salsa bar right next to it that has different salsas, hot sauces, and condiments.

There is no alcohol served at the Cantina.

Right next to the Blue Iguana Cantina is the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. There you can purchase drinks.

I do not know anything about the regular Burrito Bar that is on the Magic from personal experience. I have heard about it though. From what I hear, it is not anything special to write home about in comparison to the Blue Iguana Cantina. But I'm sure it is still a delicious option.

Blue Iguana Cantina is sooo much better than the Burrito Bar.

Blue Iguana has a salsa bar that is awesome. Blue Iguana is open for breakfast and lunch and Burrito bar just for lunch 12pm - 2:30pm.

The Burrito Bar is basically just wraps with chicken, beef, shrimp, some salsa and other accompaniments like lettuce, cheese, tomato etc.

Here is a link to a copy of the menu for the Blue Iguana Cantina:

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/BlueIguanaCantinaMenupdf.ashx

Never eaten at the Blue Iguana other than what we've gotten at the Taste Bar on the Magic, but I've been on the Magic 3 times and I can tell you that the Burrito Bar is completely and utterly mediocre, just like most food on Carnival. We were on the Magic last week, and I got a chicken burrito from the burrito bar, and there was something hard and crunchy and disgusting in my chicken. :eek::eek::eek: Fortunately, we do NOT cruise for the food, and this did not affect our trip. ;) As long as you go into your cruise knowing that the sub-par food is there only to provide energy to do all the fun stuff, you'll be alright. LOL

We were on the Valor this past May, I tried the burrito bar took one bite of the beef one and I could not swallow it at all, the meat tasted old and stale what an awful taste had to spit it out. I would never give my dog anything like that either.

Edited by lyndamr

I love the Cantina. Their breakfast food is amazing and their lunch food is also outstanding. I was hoping for a similar experience when I went on the Splendor and tried their burrito bar. There is no comparison--it was merely ok at best. I am booked for the Magic next year and am really hoping it gets the Blue Iguana (and Guys) during its drydock.

Ok burrito bar does not sound like comparable to the delicious blue iguana cantina. Between that and magic not having Guys either, I think we will look at another ship for a spring cruise. Guess I've been spoiled.

Magic is going into dry dock in the spring. I'm hoping the get the blue iguana.