New Years Eve on a Carnival Ship

Time2CruiseAgain

I've been on 2 New Year's cruises on Carnival. They have been amazing! There were at least 2 places to celebrate as far as I know. The 1st was the atrium and the big main party was on Lido. I was on Lido for both of my experiences. They had a giant countdown party, free champagne, streamers, dj, and the big screen was showing the countdown all over the world including New York. The boat was really rocking on those nights!

Afterwards, there was an early breakfast buffet for the people who need a little food in their system from all of the festivities lol

When it comes to your NYE outfit, I've seen various styles. I've seen jeans and a t-shirt to formal gowns. It really just depends on what you feel like doing that night. That's what great about cruising, you're on vacation! Do what makes you happy.

Done just one NYE sailing. Gave balloons in each room to put in the atrium net with you room number and Carnival picked 1 balloon to give a bottle of champagne. Not much of a NYE budget I guess.

We had the same experiences for parties. Our NYE didn't fall on an elegant night and the y didn't make it one. We found that the younger 20's, 30 somethings dressed up much more than us 50+ crowd. Suits and dresses mixed with shorts and tees at the lido party.

Only been on one a few years back. We thought it was awesome! Party on Lido deck with free champagne flowing. Also, on our cruise the crew was allowed to come up on deck and party, mix in with the guests which we thought was pretty cool too.

We cruised the Carnival Dream over new years this last year and it was the best cruise/experience we have had. They had a balloon drop in the Main atrium at midnight and also a countdown on the Lido deck as well. They handed out Party hats and noise makers as well which made for a loud ship. We chose to do the Christmas cruise this year.

We were on the Breeze last year and are going again this year.

There was a huge deck party on the lido and in the atrium.

I am sure they changed the formal night to NYE, it was a 6 night cruise so not 100% but everyone was dressed up. Even my 16 year old and all his friends were dressed up.

Enjoy!

Its a blast! We were on Liberty's NYE cruise this past year and had a great time, the lido deck party was out of control :D...actually we did not see any bad behavior but all 3 of us were back in the cabin by 1:00 am (the party for us had started at dinner time so we were done by then).

We had dressed up for formal dinner that night and stayed that way until about 11:00, went back to cabin to freshen up and change into comfortable clothes and shoes and then headed up to lido deck. This year our after Christmas cruise leaves on January 2nd but we will be in Florida (Universal Park on NYE to celebrate) so we will miss that celebration on the ship this year. We are already planning to be on a NYE cruise for next year (Magic on 12/31/16) and will probably book onboard next cruise January 2nd (if I can hold out that long to book our cabin as they are filling up balcony's and OS already).

You will have a blast for NYE so be prepared!

Edited by Drazil65

One thing Carnival really understands - its a party, and on NYE, they go all out. Lots of champagne, GREAT football on the big screen, party atmosphere everywhere you go. Ship's horn in the middle of the Caribbean at midnight. This will be our third NYE cruise with Carnival this year. Lucky we have two days to recover at sea after our party this year.

We are sailing on the Paradise for New Years Eve this year! We cannot wait!!! What do they do on the ships? Should we dress up like for a New Years party? I'm so excited to ring in the new year on a Carnival Ship!!! Thanks everyone in advance for your replies!!

I agree cruising over New Year's is fun! I did it on Sunshine a couple years ago. There are some good videos on you tube if you google carnival cruise new years you tube. It is very crowded on Lido deck-like elbow to elbow, but everyone is having a good time.

I agree that anything goes as far as what people wear that night. I think most people were pretty casual by that time of the night. Be sure and take some NYE party favors with you--like 2016 glasses, glow sticks, decorated hats, etc. You'll see lots of that too. It is a very festive atmosphere walking around the ship that evening before the countdown!

We also did New Years on the Breeze last year! Check it out on this fun video

Carnival Breeze - Stories of a "Cruise Virgin" - HD GoPro Tour!

We love New Years Cruises there is alwys something for everyone.

Enjoy!!!!!

Hey how are you? Are you crusing this year? We are doing the Breeze again!!

We also did New Years on the Breeze last year! Check it out on this fun video

Carnival Breeze - Stories of a "Cruise Virgin" - HD GoPro Tour!

We love New Years Cruises there is alwys something for everyone.

Enjoy!!!!!

What a seriously FUN video!!! We LOVE the Breeze!! We settled for the Paradise because it's all the time we can take off!! But it's still going to be totally FUN i'm sure! Thanks for sharing that video!!

• 2 years later...
Sounds like fun , I will be on Carnival dream from New Orleans on December 31 , first time for new year on boat :) I will post how was it :)

Nye on a Carnival ship is GREAT. Enjoy. Kind of like Times Square in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums