Optional Shore Excursion on Triumph

BekahGS

Hi All,

We're cruising VERY soon (YAY!!!!) and when I printed our travel documents from the carnival website, the cruise itinerary has an asterisk next to our day in Progreso and it says "optional shore excursion available to Playa Del Carmen"

I don't see anything online when I look at excursions for our cruise. I called and the representative suggested I email shore excursions. I did and they told me they don't know where I got that information and they don't offer that. Has anyone else ever seen this? I did email them back with a copy of the itinerary, but I haven't heard back from anyone.

I'm fine spending the day in Progreso, as planned, but we've been there before and if there's opportunity to see another place, I'd like to take it.

That would be a long bus ride from Progresso. If you want to see Playa Del Carmen it would be a lot less time to take the mainland ferry from a stop in Cozumel. While there is not a lot around Progresso I would choose to do something closer to that port rather than going somewhere that is much closer to another common port.

All of the upcoming itineraries that include Progresso, also includes Cozumel. It is just a quick boat ride from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen. You wouldn't have any time if you travelled there from Progresso. The rep was probably talking about the stop at Cozumel.

All of the upcoming itineraries that include Progresso, also includes Cozumel. It is just a quick boat ride from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen. You wouldn't have any time if you travelled there from Progresso. The rep was probably talking about the stop at Cozumel.

The land distance from Progresso to Playa del Carmen is just under 371 km or 230 miles. Might take 5 hours or so just to get there.

Now the water route is considerably longer and slower, and no regular ferries make the trip. Whoever gave the OP the info he could get to Playa from Progresso on a cruise excursion is probably off somewhere on his own "trip".

Edited by evandbob

Perhaps the * is in the wrong place, or it just doesn't line up right in the cruise documents? We have an upcoming Elation cruise where we are in Cozumel followed by Progreso. I don't see anything on our cruise documents about optional excursions to Playa del Carmen. Not from Cozumel or Progreso. Though I know that some likely exist from Cozumel. Tulum is a popular excursion from Cozumel.

We have something like that on our booking on the Conquest for January 2016 to the southern caribbean. The asterisk is on a SEA DAY and gives us an optional excursion to Santo Domingo, which we aren't even going to. :confused: But on a sea day? We alerted our PVP but nothing has been done about it yet.