Teas bags on the CB?

WOOFIE

:) A question about tea on the CB. Does anyone know if they have a variety of tea bags in the buffets on this ship? I'm most interested in green tea. On our previous RC cruise the selection was huge. Not knowing any better, I ended up taking my own which was unneccessary and don't want to pack them again if I don't need to. I'm trying to pack as little as possible this time and not take everything but the kitchen sink!

Woofie,

I seldom visit the buffets, so I don't know what's available in those venues.

There was a nice selection of tea bags offered during Afternoon Tea (unless you want the tea that is being served by the waiters). The tea chest selection included many of my Bigelow favorites: Earl Grey, Constant Comment, Lemon Lift - can't recall if there was green tea. I believe there were also teabags in the Lobby Bar, which is also the "Patisserie" on CB.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

HI, I don't know about the CP but on the Sapphire , Regal and Sea Princess, they had a nice selection of teas, as the previous poster stated, Constant commment , Lemon Lift , etc. Green tea is pretty popular, so I would think it would be there. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Just off Caribbean Princess. The only tea at the buffet was either regular tea bags or decaffienated.

There was no hot chocolate either.

The only beverages available 24 hrs were coffee, tea ,or water. No juice, punch ,or lemonade. If you wanted juice any time besides breakfast there was a charge for it.

The premade tea was very strong. We always used about 1/4 tea to 3/4 water.

It seemed to me they just put the concentrate in the dispenser w/o diluting it.

Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like I'll be bringing some Crsytal Light packages for an alternative to the coffee, tea or water. I like my hot tea, but I don't want to end up drinking it 24/7. I'm glad, ladybug100, that you mentioned how strong the ready made tea was. It seems that's just what they do.

I'm getting pretty excited now that we only have 8 days till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale. Suitcases are out and waiting to be packed. WhooHaa!!!!!. :D And I'm excited about cruising on this ship. I'm sure we'll all have a good time and a great cruise. I got a lot of good information and tips from this site. It's great to post questions and have someone answer them. Keep up the great work! :)

Ladeebug, we must have been on the same sailing, as we just came off the CP Saturday. But you have truly burst my bubble; I thought the iced tea from the machine was real (i.e., brewed) iced tea. I guess you can tell I'm not from the south. Those southerners can always tell the real from the fake. I actually loved it (strong and all) with lots of ice and a squeeze of lemon.

The tea from concentrate is pretty bad. When eating in the Horizon Court, I'd brew fresh tea and pour it over a glass of ice to make my own iced tea. (The same thing I used to do when I lived in London and wanted iced tea.)

I think the concentrate tasted better in the dining room because it sat out long enough that some of the ice melted and diluted it.

Just off the Grand. While the buffet only has the regular tea bags at the drink stations, they do have a "stash" of green, earl grey and others in the back that you have a staff member for. Kind of ridiculous waste of time for them to go in the back, but guess another way to save money.

Archived