Cabin advice needed!

TravelingAngel

Hi,

We are booked on the Nautica for the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise departing Feb 4, 2017. We have been assigned PH3 cabin 8063. This is under the Terrace Cafe, and at the back of the ship. Would it be better to be up front, which would however be under the Fitness Center? Having never been on the Nautica, I don't know if there is noise from the Cafe or the Fitness Center, that can be heard in the cabin's underneath. Front or back of the ship doesn't matter too much, as neither my husband or I get sea sick, my concern is mainly regarding noise. Also, is the starboard side the better side for this particular itinerary?

Thanks for any advice and opinions!

Going north Singapore to Hong Kong port (left) side will be toward the land, It will also be good for sunsets where as the starboard will get firstlight at dawn.

Starboard ( right) will be good going south for all the same reason

Sailing into Hong Kong its best be horizons or on deck same with sailing out

Night arrival and departure are way better than day

I tend to agree with you on any position really is more a matter of personal taste and a mix of geometry and urban legend.

While some may disagree, but a big factor in sea sickness is convincing yourself that it will bother you. The brain is a powerful thing..as with placebo you can make your self sick if you believe strong enough. Getting a mid-ship cabin works best only the lowest decks .Remember , as you go up decks you increase motion as well..the lever works in more than one direction.

The afts only problem is that when backing down or rapidly increase in shaft/prop speed cause a slight vibration caused by the cavitation of water on the blades... As soon the water catches up it all goes away...don't blame it on poor design or flaw its physics.

Forward you might hear the anchor chain going up or down... maybe 30 seconds 5-6times 14 day cruise.... woopie

Hi,

We are booked on the Nautica for the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise departing Feb 4, 2017. We have been assigned PH3 cabin 8063. This is under the Terrace Cafe, and at the back of the ship. Would it be better to be up front, which would however be under the Fitness Center? Having never been on the Nautica, I don't know if there is noise from the Cafe or the Fitness Center, that can be heard in the cabin's underneath. Front or back of the ship doesn't matter too much, as neither my husband or I get sea sick, my concern is mainly regarding noise. Also, is the starboard side the better side for this particular itinerary?

Thanks for any advice and opinions!

For 35 days this past summer, we were in PH3 cabin 8060 on the Insignia - directly across the ship from 8063. We heard no noise from Terrace Café above us and had no problems with the motion. Indeed, our stay on the Insignia and in that that cabin was so pleasant that we just booked into 8063 for a lengthy trip in early 2017 on the Insignia.

Thanks for your responses. We switched our cabin to 8000, since we wanted to be on the port side for this particular itinerary and prefer the front to the back. We've not cruised on the Nautica, only the Marina, so we are looking forward to experiencing the smaller ship and I am sure our cabin will be perfect - as is just about everything else on Oceania.:D

Thanks for your responses. We switched our cabin to 8000, since we wanted to be on the port side for this particular itinerary and prefer the front to the back. We've not cruised on the Nautica, only the Marina, so we are looking forward to experiencing the smaller ship and I am sure our cabin will be perfect - as is just about everything else on Oceania.:D

If your cruise has a cooperative itinerary (and Singapore to Hong Kong is 50/50), it may make sense to book a particular side of the ship dependent on whether you desire morning or afternoon sun on your veranda, however, "taking a side" to sight-see is almost always an exercise in futility. The ship, you see, sails out of sight of land for 99.5% of the time.

NAU160108.jpg

We were in 8000 on Regatta (same layout) for 28 days and loved it! There was no noise from above - which I think is the card room. In the corridor outside there is a door to the officers' cabins and the bridge. The door had a self-closer on it but it was really quiet and didn't cause us any disturbance.

You've made a good choice - enjoy your cruise.