Change from traditional dining to MTD?

As long as there's space available in MTD and be prepared to give them a credit card...

In addition have them email the change to you and take a copy with you...just in case there's any mix up, you'll want to prove you have pre-paid gratuities.

As long as there's space available in MTD and be prepared to give them a credit card...

In addition have them email the change to you and take a copy with you...just in case there's any mix up, you'll want to prove you have pre-paid gratuities.

Prepaid gratuites are no longer required for MTD.

I thought so to, but I was charged grats when I switched to MTD last week, and to avoid the stress of having an ~$200 balance and thinking my Oct. 24 cruise might get cancelled, I caved and paid it.

Others have reported being automatically charged the gratuities, but Royal will remove them upon request. Anything that reduces cash flow is put on very low (zero) priority to change.

Edited by clarea

Prepaid gratuites are no longer required for MTD.

Maybe not "required" but they are still going to give you the option to pay upfront...especially close to sail date...no reason not to...Much easier to have them pre-paid...so a good idea to have a credit card ready and follow through with my above suggestions for proof if needed.

Much easier than going through the onboard process of having them removed....still can't understand why anyone would at that point. JMHO

You can also make the change on your reservation. Please see the attachments.

dining1.JPG

dining2.jpg

Doing it myself on the website didn't work for me - I made one MTD reservation for one night, then when I tried to make one for the next night it removed the first reservation. I ended up having to call - the site was useless:rolleyes:

If I select Traditional dining and I miss my time can't I just order my meal to my room if I'm in a suite? Also, can I forgo picking any dining time and have my meals delivered to my room for the duration of a cruise? Neither of these would be the case for me, I simply want to know if these are possible to do. I've heard from time to time that if you miss your MDR seating you're out of luck and will need to go to Windjammer or elsewhere. I'm just curious how having meals delivered to suite guests work.

If I select Traditional dining and I miss my time can't I just order my meal to my room if I'm in a suite? Also, can I forgo picking any dining time and have my meals delivered to my room for the duration of a cruise? Neither of these would be the case for me, I simply want to know if these are possible to do. I've heard from time to time that if you miss your MDR seating you're out of luck and will need to go to Windjammer or elsewhere. I'm just curious how having meals delivered to suite guests work.

If you are in a full suite, you can order room service off the MDR menu whether you have traditional or MTD.

Thanks a lot. I love food and I know I won't miss my time/s but was curious as I have not eaten in a MDR. I've only completed 1 cruise and it was dynamic dining on Quantum.

If you feel like you would be missing the MDR a few times, it's probably best to opt for My Time dining, so they can use that space in traditional for others.

Oh for sure! I won't be missing it at all. I am just trying to figure out how it all works. Do you happen to know what the smallest table possible is in the MDR? We have a party of 6. From what I've read on the various threads, if we want to eat at our own table we might need to do MTD.

Oh for sure! I won't be missing it at all. I am just trying to figure out how it all works. Do you happen to know what the smallest table possible is in the MDR? We have a party of 6. From what I've read on the various threads, if we want to eat at our own table we might need to do MTD.

They have tables for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12. You can request a table for 6 in traditional dining. However, it's not a 100% guarantee that you would not be sharing with others because sometimes they cannot grant your request.