Adventure Ocean Compass?

Does anyone have an adventure ocean compass for Oasis of the Seas?

We are sailing on Oct 31, 2015 and we're looking to see what time frames we needed to plan our dinners sans kids.

I think they close between 5-7 so I guess I can't go to dinner before 7? I know about the main dining room how they will expedite the kids meal and take them to adventure ocean for you but my main concern is speciality dining.

Does anyone have an adventure ocean compass for Oasis of the Seas?

We are sailing on Oct 31, 2015 and we're looking to see what time frames we needed to plan our dinners sans kids.

I think they close between 5-7 so I guess I can't go to dinner before 7? I know about the main dining room how they will expedite the kids meal and take them to adventure ocean for you but my main concern is speciality dining.

This review has a dropbox link with all sorts of compasses in it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2263048&highlight=adventure+ocean+compass

I don't have the Compasses, but in June Adventure dining was available every night! If you signed them up for Adventure dining they didn't have to be picked up at 5. They could stay through dinner until 10.

Thank you! That helps with the planning a lot!

When we want to do specialty dining sans kids, we take them to the Windjammer sometime between 6-7 for them to eat (which they will probably prefer over the MDR anyway), drop them off at Adventure Ocean at 7, and head to the specialty restaurant with a 7 pm reservation. If you want to make a show and the time is tight, just tell the waiter and he can get you out by whatever time you want.

So if you have your kids at adventure ocean before five they will be taken to the windjammer for dinner as a group with the AO staff. But they are in a small private section of the windjammer with fewer selections (pizza or chicken tenders). I'm sure the options vary a bit but it wasn't the windjammer my kids wanted to go to.

Dining room pickup was at 6:45 outside of Grand.

If your child has any kind of limitations (even temporary or possible issues), let them know. My son had a cast removed the day before we left and his thumb was still a little bit sore sometimes with activity or if he bumped it. I was surprised when he asked me to tell them it was hurting and the staff member told him to let her know if it hurt and then he wouldn't have to participate in the sports games. So essentially they HAVE to participate in the activities going on.

We did our specialty dining reservations at 7:30 one night and we dropped them off at 7 when they reopened. Another night we did specialty dining at 6 and dropped them off before 5 and they went to windjammer with the AO staff and other kids.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Will you be on an Eastern or a Western? I have these for the Western from two weeks ago. Possibly missing one day though.

Hi - can you share the ones from your Western Itinerary? We will be going Western in March and will have a daughter in the Explorers (ages 6-8) program. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't keep them. :-/ I had one child in explorers and one in aquanauts and my son (6) got bored because they just played lots of games. He ended up hanging out with us at the boardwalk during the family nights where they set up games for the kids while we sipped margaritas!

My daughter (5) loved aquanauts because she loves playing pretend and "cooking".

It was day 5 though before he got "bored".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm traveling with a group and they have a question that I can't answer.... if we drop off kids after 7pm... say 8pm, is the kids club ever BOOKED? Like it's too late and there isn't room. Or are they off somewhere on the ship and thus it's too late?

I'm traveling with a group and they have a question that I can't answer.... if we drop off kids after 7pm... say 8pm, is the kids club ever BOOKED? Like it's too late and there isn't room. Or are they off somewhere on the ship and thus it's too late?

I've never seen that they are full. More likely is they don't have enough kids and combine age groups. There will be times when they are out of the Adventure Ocean area doing something on the ship (Pirate parade, Circus of the seas, etc.). In this case you'd have to wait for them to get back, or if you know where they are they usually will carry the sign-in/sign out sheet with them and they might let you drop them off while they are out and about. For those types of things it's always a good idea to check the AO cruise compass to see when they have those events scheduled and plan accordingly.

3 and up has never been full and we used it 3 sailings.

The only issue though is the younger kids who are under 3 and not potty trained. That fills up! Our friends daughter is 2, and they went straight to Adventure ocean when they got on the ship to sign up time slots for her and they were wait listed. They did still get to use it a lot because a lot of parents precook time slots but don't use it, so they would get a call each day letting them know the hours they had available.