Booked in the infamous E732 on the Grand

Britinsac

Thank you so much for all this information, and it helps to know we made a good choice. My wife is a long formal gown kinda girl.. which was perfect on Celebrity, I wore a tux...will we be overdressed and perhaps maybe should go for lounge suit and cocktail dress (her not me)...?

My husband has always worn a tux on formal nights. i have a long, black knit skirt that I wear with different dressy tops. We have never felt out of place.

It got lost in all of the recommendations but please remember that you can all have breakfast in Sabatinis because you are in a suite.

It's a wonderful, personal experience and they will make almost anything to please you!

My husband has always worn a tux on formal nights. i have a long, black knit skirt that I wear with different dressy tops. We have never felt out of place.

It got lost in all of the recommendations but please remember that you can all have breakfast in Sabatinis because you are in a suite.

It's a wonderful, personal experience and they will make almost anything to please you!

Thank you..my wife is beautiful and looks amazing in formal wear. She will be pleased to dress up!

Looking forward to Sabatini's!

Most Princess passengers take formal to mean a dark suit for a man, and a cocktail dress or black pants and a sparkly top for a woman. You will be more formally dressed than most in a tux and a long gown, but there will be other men in tuxes and some women in long gowns. You should wear whatever you are the most comfortable in. Some passengers won't dress formally at all.

I think I will wear a lounge suit but i know my wife will wear long formal. Guess what? Another day closer!

• 1 month later...
Glad to see your post. We just booked the same cabin on the Grand for a 2016 Alaska cruise. I'll be interested hear what you think. We had also seen some reviews about noise from the lounge but thought the positives outweighed the negatives. Enjoy your trip!

You will love the position. The suite is very private, the balcony large, and not windy. We did indeed hear noise from the 9am Zumba in the Vista Lounge and some evenings we could hear the music between 8.30 and 11pm. We just checked the entertainment schedule and were out most of the noisy times. I would definitely book this room again because the noise was a minor thing and did not happen everyday. The wake is noisy but I found it soothing and we loved listening to it and watching it as we sailed. The steward was awesome. Bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi tub got a lot of use! We had a great cruise on the Grand. I could not fault it.

You will love the position. The suite is very private, the balcony large, and not windy. We did indeed hear noise from the 9am Zumba in the Vista Lounge and some evenings we could hear the music between 8.30 and 11pm. We just checked the entertainment schedule and were out most of the noisy times. I would definitely book this room again because the noise was a minor thing and did not happen everyday. The wake is noisy but I found it soothing and we loved listening to it and watching it as we sailed. The steward was awesome. Bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi tub got a lot of use! We had a great cruise on the Grand. I could not fault it.

So glad you enjoyed the Grand. We really liked her when we sailed her 4 years ago, so much so that we have a 10 day Mexican Riviera booked for September this year (a vista suite as well, just on Caribe deck instead of emerald deck) and can't wait! Is that the itinerary you did? If so, did you bring home patters that you would scan and share? Will you be doing a full review? I'd love to hear all the details?

I have read a lot of the Grand Princess reviews that mention the ship is getting old and there are leaks and problems with the A/C. Curious to know what the seasoned Elite Princess members think of this ship. One thing is for sure we will have a good time and nothing will get in the way of that! Thanks so much for any advice or info!

We are seasoned Elite Princess members (20+ cruises on Princess) and sailed on the Grand last month. I think that after experiencing the Silhouette, you may be disappointed with the Grand....the ship itself, but not the many other aspects of cruising that makes it so special. You may have read my review -- if not, I think I described it very accurately from my viewpoint.

The service was, however, amongst the best and sailing out of San Francisco is always quite special, especially when it means not having to fly across country. We are sailing on her again in the summer for that very reason, but those really being the main reasons for choosing this ship again. The food and entertainment was also quite good, so this also somewhat played into this decision. It really was the ship itself that we didn't care for....everything else was great. It certainly does lack the glitz and shimmer of the S-class ships. To me, it just looked to need an overhaul and some TLC but if you can overlook that, you will have a great time with that fabulous staff they have onboard. We started calling it the staff of 'yes' as we rarely heard the word 'no' to any of our requests.

We were on the Star in this suite in Jan We had a good time but a couple issues with the suite For the first 2 nights we were so cold The heater was broken It took a few calls to get it fixed We first told our room steward, and should have followed up immediately with reception

The second big thing was that at 2am on two nights a musician was practicing We woke up and called the front desk and asked someone to check Sure enough they found the musician

We got strawberries for freezing and a really small OBC for the musician fiasco

We have stayed in that same room on the grand and ruby. Any noise we heard was very weak and never bothered us. I can sleep through almost anything. We now stay on the Dolphin or Caribe decks as the balcony's are a little bigger.

Thanks so much for your comments. We are really looking forward to the trip!