Wigs on cruises

ClassyGame

Hey all! I'm wondering if any of you ladies have worn a wig on a cruise before. How was your experience? I went through chemo earlier this year, and my hair is at a point in it's regrowth that I absolutely hate. I like wearing a wig out with friends and to events, and I plan on wearing one most of the time on the ship if I can. I know it can get windy on deck though, so I'm a little worried about that.

I wear wigs all the time and I love it! Not needed from chemo, but inherited thinning hair (I mean, so thin my scalp shows[emoji33]). I stay away from windy areas if I can. My wigs fit properly and are very comfortable but they don't seem to settle down correctly after being blown around like my own hair did. If I get wind blown, so be it. If my wig hair is a mess, so will everybody else. I'll just comb it when I can.

Congratulations on finishing chemo. DH finished 5 years ago. He never did lose his hair.

Margee

I don't think the wind would be a problem, however depending on where you are going to humidity might make a wig unbearable. However you would be fine to wear it inside for dinner etc. Many of my friends have several "units" that what they are called here in Los Angeles, which they pay hundereds for. It gives them lots of variety vs. having to bother sytling their own hair on vacation, the only complaint has been the heat.

Praying for your continued healing :)

Hey all! I'm wondering if any of you ladies have worn a wig on a cruise before. How was your experience? I went through chemo earlier this year, and my hair is at a point in it's regrowth that I absolutely hate. I like wearing a wig out with friends and to events, and I plan on wearing one most of the time on the ship if I can. I know it can get windy on deck though, so I'm a little worried about that.

I've wore wigs plenty of times. If your worrying about the wind you can add an elastic band for an extra secure hold. (YouTube it there are plenty of how to videos) you can also purchase a lace front or whole lace wig (very natural looking) and use adhesive or tape to secure it to your scalp. You can do it yourself or you can go to the salon and have them apply the adhesive. It very easy and it usually doesn't affect your hairline during removal if you go slow and easy and use the proper removal solutions.

To combat the uncomfortable heat and humidity make sure you purchase human hair wig and a length and style that's comfortable to you. You can blow dry it, wash it, put products (gels, hair spray). Heck you can even dye it fire red if you want. I would just stay out of the pool if you are using the glue or tape method to secure the wig to your hair.

If you have enough of your own hair make sure you braid in down usually cornrows, moisturize your scalp and place a skin tone wig cap on your head. That way when you have your lace wig and want to part it or style it a certain way it looks as if it's your scalp.

Enjoy your cruise!

My wigs are not human hair (I think they are plastic[emoji57]). They have a lace front and you can see through them. I live in Texas and know hot and humid!! I can feel the breeze through mine clear through to my scalp. I keep my hair short and make 2flat pin curls at the back to "anchor" the wig to. When I first started to wear mine, I used lots of Bobby pins, but don't any more. I do not use the tight "skull cap" thing -- it just gave me a headache.

I have never used the wig adhesive. I'm sure a good wig store could advise their customers on this item.

I get lots of compliments from friends and family. The only person not happy is my hairdresser. I no longer get highlights and lowlights, just a medium brown color that matches my wigs. I have a 80/20 blended color wigs that looks just like my own hair, just better than I ever looked because there is so much more hair, sort of thicker. I style the wigs similarly to my old style, so people think I just got it done.

Margee