Why would Getaway Schedule Wine Lovers Musical on a Port Day?

So I am prebooking my dining options and noticed that on my 11-22 sailing on the Getaway the Wine Lovers Musical is being offered on 11-24 and 11-27. The first is our 1st Sea Day on Day 3 but we have our Meet & Greet Then. The second one is coming up in Cozumel port? Does that make any sense or do you think it is a glitch?

I think ours is the first 7 night sailing the Getaway is doing the Western Caribbean.

Aren't the shows at night ? Your cruise critic meet and greets are usually during the day (like 11 AM or so ) as are your port stops, no? Seems like there would be ample time to get back on the ship for the shows. Not sure I understand your conflict....

To answer the other poster's question, this is not a dinner show, but a luncheon one. Not offered in the evening.

It's sometimes hard to make sense of NCL's scheduling. I've seen them do two Tastings at the same time in different bars on a sea day, yet offer nothing of that type on another sea day. We would have done both if not for the fact that we cannot be in two places at one time. Revenue loss for NCL.

For the luncheon, perhaps that venue is in use on the other sea days, or they may have rehearsals scheduled. Or maybe just poor planning, who knows. If nothing changes re the schedule before cruise time, I would inquire on board.

So I am prebooking my dining options and noticed that on my 11-22 sailing on the Getaway the Wine Lovers Musical is being offered on 11-24 and 11-27. The first is our 1st Sea Day on Day 3 but we have our Meet & Greet Then. The second one is coming up in Cozumel port? Does that make any sense or do you think it is a glitch?

I think ours is the first 7 night sailing the Getaway is doing the Western Caribbean.

M&G's are not a ship thing, it's a group thing. NCL shouldn't need to schedule events around a private gathering.

RuthlessBoss - I was not implying that in the least. After researching this ship for months, everything pointed to this show being on the 2 sea days. When I looked to book, one is on Sea Day the second on a port day.

It isn't a big deal. I just thought that since this is the first 7 day sailing to Western that maybe it was a glitch in the system because on the CURRENT Eastern sailing Day 6 is a Sea Day.

Edited by escentialssoycandles

. . .

It isn't a big deal. I just thought that since this is the first 7 day sailing to Western that maybe it was a glitch in the system because on the CURRENT Eastern sailing Day 6 is a Sea Day.

I vote for your glitch theory as well.

It would be really poor planning for the ship to arrange this at noon on a port day.

Enjoy your cruise . . . I loved loved loved Norwegian Getaway!! :)

What hours will you be in Cozumel? For my 2/14 Western Caribbean on Getaway, Cozumel is a late arrival. Scheduled to arrive at 11am, and the excursion that I am looking at is at 1:30. So perhaps it doesn't interfere with the port day after all?

What hours will you be in Cozumel? For my 2/14 Western Caribbean on Getaway, Cozumel is a late arrival. Scheduled to arrive at 11am, and the excursion that I am looking at is at 1:30. So perhaps it doesn't interfere with the port day after all?

We are in port 11-7 and the show is scheduled at 12:30.

I already have Nachi Cocum booked and that closes at 5, so that would be a no go.

Like I said before, no biggie but if it is just being advertised on the wrong date online based on the current Eastern schedule.

I will inquire once on board.

It's sometimes hard to make sense of NCL's scheduling.

That's for sure. On a cruise to Bermuda, my friend and I signed up for the singles dinner. We weren't told until after we signed up for it when it would be. We then found out that it was scheduled for a night that we would be in Bermuda. Even though our names were at the end of a long list of people who had signed up, when we went to the dinner, there was only one other person there. I think it would have been better if the dinner had been scheduled for a night that we were at sea.

On another cruise, my friend and I signed up for the singles dinner, and again, we were not told when the dinner would be until after we signed up. We found out that we were supposed to meet in a bar at 9:00 PM for a drink and then proceed to the MDR on the night before we had an extremely early port call (meaning that people who had booked shore excursions were supposed to meet at 7:00 AM in the theatre for tendering). It was also the night that, for some reason, there was only one performance of a show, and it was at 9:00 PM. I told my friend that we were going to skip the dinner, because I really wanted to see the show, as did she, and if we went to the dinner and found no one else there, and we missed the show, I would hit the ceiling.

I asked various NCL employees why the dinner was scheduled so late before a very early port call, and why it was scheduled to take place at the same time as the one and only show performance, and everyone said, "I don't know."

Cozumel is a late arrival. Scheduled to arrive at 11am, and the excursion that I am looking at is at 1:30. So perhaps it doesn't interfere with the port day after all?

I wouldn't count on that. When your excursion is at 1:30 PM, you generally have to meet somewhere at 1:15 PM, and it might take you a few minutes to get to the meeting place. Plus you might want to brush your teeth and use the restroom after lunch. I wouldn't book what should be a relaxing, fun luncheon at noon when I have to be somewhere at 1:15 PM. It wouldn't be relaxing for me.

M&G's are not a ship thing, it's a group thing. NCL shouldn't need to schedule events around a private gathering.

I've never been to a M&G before (I didn't know they existed until recently), but from what I've read, they definitely involve the ship (officers & staff attend, food is served). It seems they are usually scheduled at 11AM on the 1st day after departure (usually a sea day).

That being said, someone in our roll call on the POA tried to set up a M&G. The ship offered us the usual 11AM on that 1st day. Problem is the POA does not have any sea days, so it's scheduled for our 1st port day. Most of us have already booked excursions.

I've never been to a M&G before (I didn't know they existed until recently), but from what I've read, they definitely involve the ship (officers & staff attend, food is served). It seems they are usually scheduled at 11AM on the 1st day after departure (usually a sea day).

That being said, someone in our roll call on the POA tried to set up a M&G. The ship offered us the usual 11AM on that 1st day. Problem is the POA does not have any sea days, so it's scheduled for our 1st port day. Most of us have already booked excursions.

I don't think our POA Roll Call even had a Meet and Greet. The ones who do, from what I gather here, do them on the afternoon of embarkation day prior to the safety drill. That is obviously a very busy day for ship's officers, so I don't even know if those embark day meetings were "official", or just an informal meet for those interested. Because of the itinerary, most are probably not interested. No one is going to give up hours on Maui to attend a Meet and Greet.

Edited by punkincc

I don't think our POA Roll Call even had a Meet and Greet. The ones who do, from what I gather here, do them on the afternoon of embarkation day prior to the safety drill. That is obviously a very busy day for ship's officers, so I don't even know if those embark day meetings were "official", or just an informal meet for those interested. Because of the itinerary, most are probably not interested. No one is going to give up hours on Maui to attend a Meet and Greet.

We are going to do that.

We are going to do that.

Our Meet & Greet is an official Meet & Greet and is scheduled through the ship. Yes they do involve officers and staff attending and drinks/snacks are served. It is on the first sea day at 11 (Our First Sea Day is Day 3)

Always check out your Roll Call to see if they are having one. It is a great way to also meet new people and have shipmates to explore and dine with! Even if you schedule your own informal, to me meeting my fellow CC'ers is part of the experience!

I have no idea whether it could be a glitch or not but they do plan activities for people who don't get off the boat. If it is not a glitch and that is the right day/time I'm sure they have historical information telling them that they will still fill the venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk