Show times on reflection

flcruisechick16

Hi Everyone,

We are so excited to be sailing the Celebrity Reflection on Jan 2 with our kids. We have cruised several other lines before, but first time on celebrity. I have a quick question. We were only able to get the select seating which is the anytime. On our cruise personalizer if gives us the option to book reservations for dinner which I think would be helpful since I have a 4 and 6 year old with us. I just wasn't sure what times the shows usually take place. On Disney there was a show time for early seating and one for late. I wanted to make reservations at a time where we could still see the shows either before or after dinner. Thanks so much for your help and happy sailing!

Caroline

Hi Everyone,

We are so excited to be sailing the Celebrity Reflection on Jan 2 with our kids. We have cruised several other lines before, but first time on celebrity. I have a quick question. We were only able to get the select seating which is the anytime. On our cruise personalizer if gives us the option to book reservations for dinner which I think would be helpful since I have a 4 and 6 year old with us. I just wasn't sure what times the shows usually take place. On Disney there was a show time for early seating and one for late. I wanted to make reservations at a time where we could still see the shows either before or after dinner. Thanks so much for your help and happy sailing!

Caroline

Show times on most nights are usually around 7 and 9. The shows are built around traditional dining and those eating late will go to 7P.M. while those eating early will go at 9. Generally that is the case for non formal nights. On Formal nights the usual procedure is that the shows will be after each dinner seating usually 8 and 10. There are exceptions but that is what Celebrity usually does.

Thanks so much! Do you recommend getting dinner reservations? Or would it be fine just to walk in? We are a group of 5. I was thinking it would be convenient to go based on our activities each day when we are ready, but wasn't sure if we would encounter a long wait for dinner if we don't have a reservation. Thanks again!

Caroline

We use the On line Select Dining reservations each cruise. You may wait a few minutes but always fast to get seated. There are two lines going into the Select dining room which is the second floor of the MDR. One for reservations and one for no reservations. Sometimes the line up can get long on the no reservation side. The show is usually at 9 but on the first night this is not always the case ( It has been at 8pm and 10 pm) but it is usually a showcase of what is to come. With 5 of you I would suggest booking dinner prior to 7pm as the shows fill up. The doors open at 0830 for the second show. If you arrive a few minutes early or late for your reservation you are fine. We have been 10-15 minutes late and early with very little problems.

I have seen one guy get very upset standing in the no resv'n line as he said "for 10 minutes" He expected to walk up and get seated right away. Type AAAAAA personality. He was a real >>>>>>>. He insisted on not reserving when advised he could. Guess he thought he was a VIP. But in the end he was just selfish. I would hate to have him as a boss as I would have been inclined to toss him overboard.:D:eek:

Thanks so much! Do you recommend getting dinner reservations? Or would it be fine just to walk in? We are a group of 5. I was thinking it would be convenient to go based on our activities each day when we are ready, but wasn't sure if we would encounter a long wait for dinner if we don't have a reservation. Thanks again!

Caroline

Thanks so much! You are all a big help! :) I am so excited, can hardly wait. I think I will make the restorations a little later on port days and earlier on sea/formal days. Hopefully that should be good. And we don't mind being patient, I just want to know what to expect and help my kids too. They love to cruise! Wanderlust like their mama! :D

Caroline

I have a 4 and 6 year old with us. I just wasn't sure what times the shows usually take place. I wanted to make reservations at a time where we could still see the shows either before or after dinner.

Caroline

With young children you might also occasionally like to consider one of the services which Celebrity offer regarding children :-

From the website http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/family-fun-cruise#&panel1-4&panel2-5 : "We offer additional services to accommodate families while the ship is in port, and during the evenings for a fee of $6 per hour.

Dinner Party: Every evening from 5PM-7PM. Children start out in the Fun Factory from 5PM-6PM, then dine with Youth Staff at 6PM on the Lido Deck, then carry on into evening activities. Pre-registration required before 5:45PM".

With young children you might also occasionally like to consider one of the services which Celebrity offer regarding children :-

From the website http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/family-fun-cruise#&panel1-4&panel2-5 : "We offer additional services to accommodate families while the ship is in port, and during the evenings for a fee of $6 per hour.

Dinner Party: Every evening from 5PM-7PM. Children start out in the Fun Factory from 5PM-6PM, then dine with Youth Staff at 6PM on the Lido Deck, then carry on into evening activities. Pre-registration required before 5:45PM".

Thanks. We may take advantage of that one night so we can have an adult dinner, but for the most part the kids will be eating with us. :) We enjoy having the time together on vacations. But we will see how it goes and play it by ear.