Winemakers Dinner on the Regal Princess

ambelina

We would like to know how the Winemakers Dinner on the Regal Princess compares to the Chefs Table. Our other choice might be the Ultimate Balcony dinner. Which one would you chose?

I havent done the Chefs Table on the Regal but have done it elsewhere and I know it has changed since we did it. We have done the Wine Makers dinner three times and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner once.

Here are my thoughts:

The Chef's Table was an experience but I would not really care to repeat it. The amount of food was decadent which is why we won't probably do it again. The quality was wonderful though as was the backstage kitchen experience.

We really enjoyed all 3 Wine Makers Dinners, especially the Modavi Wine dinner. It was a really nice meal - fillet. We had a different wine whose name I have forgotten but I didn't like the meal as much, it was pork, but I liked the wine better.

And I saved the best for last, which is the UBD. We loved that one a lot. It works out to be about the same price as the Wine Makers dinner but is even better. That is going to be our new tradition. It includes a free photo and a flower arrangement and a great meal and great service.

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy.

Edited by yoyosma

And I saved the best for last, which is the UBD. We loved that one a lot. It works out to be about the same price as the Wine Makers dinner but is even better. That is going to be our new tradition. It includes a free photo and a flower arrangement and a great meal and great service.

The UBD was not on our list of things to do when we sail in December. We are in a suite and thought we would take advantage of that and order the MDR menu one night and have it delivered. Then I reviewed the menu's from someone's post and the UBD is back on our list of possible things to do.

Does anyone know if the menu's I saw back from January on the Regal are still in effect today? Will Princess still be serving the 50 Year Celebration Dinner in the MDR on the first formal night? Because if so, that's when we may do the UBD.

Does anyone know if the menu's I saw back from January on the Regal are still in effect today? Will Princess still be serving the 50 Year Celebration Dinner in the MDR on the first formal night? Because if so, that's when we may do the UBD.

It should be in effect on all cruises this year.

I have no idea if they will change it next year.

Thanks, yoyosma for your detailed description. It sounds like we will decide between the UBD and the Winemakers Dinner. Since we are on the Regal for 14 days, maybe we will splurge on both since we have quite a bit of OBC.

I havent done the Chefs Table on the Regal but have done it elsewhere and I know it has changed since we did it. We have done the Wine Makers dinner three times and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner once.

Here are my thoughts:

The Chef's Table was an experience but I would not really care to repeat it. The amount of food was decadent which is why we won't probably do it again. The quality was wonderful though as was the backstage kitchen experience.

We really enjoyed all 3 Wine Makers Dinners, especially the Modavi Wine dinner. It was a really nice meal - fillet. We had a different wine whose name I have forgotten but I didn't like the meal as much, it was pork, but I liked the wine better.

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy.

The pork winemaker dinner was Silverado Winery. And, we did both on our recent cruise and we also preferred the steak entree with Mondavi over the pork with Silverado. The free flowing wine we were served on the Mondavi night included a Petite Syrah called Spellbound which was quite good.

Both dinners were well worth the surcharge.

Doug

Thanks, yoyosma for your detailed description. It sounds like we will decide between the UBD and the Winemakers Dinner. Since we are on the Regal for 14 days, maybe we will splurge on both since we have quite a bit of OBC.

Yes, if it is in your budget, I would do both. Both are good experiences. As is the chef's table. But I think the chef's table may change again due to the new arrangements with that chef whose name I cannot remember. I seem to remember reading he will be involved with the chef's table.

Because you get a fresh flower arrangement you may wish to have the UBD earlier in your cruise to have longer to enjoy it. Mine was good for about 5 days and then needed freshening as the lilies were wilting.

Whatever your decisions, enjoy.

Yes, if it is in your budget, I would do both. Both are good experiences. As is the chef's table. But I think the chef's table may change again due to the new arrangements with that chef whose name I cannot remember. I seem to remember reading he will be involved with the chef's table.

Because you get a fresh flower arrangement you may wish to have the UBD earlier in your cruise to have longer to enjoy it. Mine was good for about 5 days and then needed freshening as the lilies were wilting.

Whatever your decisions, enjoy.

Thanks! We will definitely try to do the UBD first and if possible also do the winemakers later in the cruise. We hope that they have the Mondavi dinner since we prefer steak.:)