Rebellous Fish?

jpcdds6

Anyone ever have one? Voted one of the best on the high seas.

Not me (going on my first cruise next month!), but I did look at the drink menus online (http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/) and it looks like you have to pay an extra $2.75 to get the fishbowl - or at least, to keep it? Not entirely sure how that works.

When I was in college, there was a bar that served beer in fishbowls, but they were full sized fishbowls. Fortunately, I didn't have much of a taste for beer yet at that time!

The drink is pretty good, and I'm not a big drinker by any means. However, the fishbowl was only worth keeping if they were glass. The plastic ones looked cheap and had cheesy lettering on them. I had hoped to collect one of each of the original glass ones, but I only have one....

I saw that too. I hope it is part of the UBP!!!
Certainly included in the UBP (without the souvenir glass). It is one of the drinks of the day, but you can ask for it every day. However, if you order it on a different day, they sometimes don't have the mixed berries that are an important part of the recipe.

Not me (going on my first cruise next month!), but I did look at the drink menus online (http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/) and it looks like you have to pay an extra $2.75 to get the fishbowl - or at least, to keep it?

Those menus are really outdated now. But yes, the extra price is to get the drink in a bowl and you can keep it if you like. As already said by previous poster, the glass bowls were nice and worth the extra price - plastic ones, not so much.

These should definitely be included in the UDP and it's my wife's absolute favorite drink.

I have 2 of the original fish bowl glasses and they're nice. I wasn't aware they had changed them to plastic. If that's the case decline the souvenir "bowl" and just get it in a regular cocktail glass.

That's my favorite NCL drink! Berries...champagne (sparkling wine)...really can't go wrong!

We actually have 4 of the glass fishbowls with the fish swimming the other direction, decoratively sitting on our dining room table. Love them! Dislike those cheap, plastic ones with the boring logo now.

Edited by dolita22

Certainly included in the UBP (without the souvenir glass). It is one of the drinks of the day, but you can ask for it every day. However, if you order it on a different day, they sometimes don't have the mixed berries that are an important part of the recipe.

Be wary of the mixed berries. One of my drinks had moldy berries.

It was my favorite drink on the Epic in August, but they didn't ask me if I wanted a souvenir fish bowl, so I didn't even know the bowl existed until this thread! I'm on the Pearl in a couple of weeks, but it sounds like I don't have a shot at getting the glass version. Have they completely done away with it?

It was my favorite drink on the Epic in August, but they didn't ask me if I wanted a souvenir fish bowl, so I didn't even know the bowl existed until this thread! I'm on the Pearl in a couple of weeks, but it sounds like I don't have a shot at getting the glass version. Have they completely done away with it?

It was done away with in 2012, I think.

I always have one or two Rebellous Fish on my cruises. Just got back from the Jewel and no more plastic bowls. I have couple of the glass fish bowls which are cool looking.

I hope you're right that they're back in glass! It sucks to try to pack them, but I want more and will be on the look out next month on the Dawn!