Laundry services on the TP

Kissara22

Most of the time I walked by it was busy...2-3 people..ironing and machines going.....

I packed very little, but still came home with clothes not worn. Our weather was mild in August, so clothes could be worn more than one time, most of the time we were in swim suits, with a cover up....don't forget to bring something long sleeve for the evening it gets cold in those lounges.

So I guess what I am saying is don't spent time doing your laundry...there are to many other things to do.

I agree completely. I still overpacked knowing that I could do laundry..and I did do laundry a few times and ironed there. Our cabin was on deck 7 just on the opposite hallway and around the corner from the laundry, so I could quickly run over and check for machines. There are only 4 washers and 4 dryers..one dryer was out of service which made it not so fun. The washers take 30 minutes..but the dryers could take over 45 minutes..so there always seem to be a back up at the dryers. I quipped that perhaps they shoul dbe serving cocktails down there because there always seemed to be a crowd down there waiting for machines.

They don;t allow the machines to go after 9pm..so this really limited the times you could do it if you are busy on shore all day and then have dinner, etc..I snuck in a few times.

I would suggest packing as light as possible. I had 2 swimsuits and brought with me a few pareos to tie around me on the boats after a swim on snorkel trips. I had one navy "skort"(short/skirt combo) in that I could wear either on a boat excursion over my swimsuit or wear on a land excursion with a white t shirt over it. I also had a short navy linen skirt used for the same function. I wore a few times and then washed it and wore it more times..when they are just going to get wet on the boats..who cares.

For casual dinners..it was a pair of linen pants or linen skirt with a clean t shirt and linen button down top worn as jacket. I rewore this outfit several times. Who notices? Who cares if they do?

We rinsed out some clothes and laid on the balcony chairs..the air is warm even at night and clothes dried quickly.

I was lucky to get into the laundry a few times..but it was a drag having to wait around for the loads to wash and dry..next time I will pack lighter and do more wash and dry in the cabin!

I found that the laundry room was mobbed all the time since the times that it was open were limited and it seemed on our voyage that the crew was using the laundry room as well.

I sent my laundry out-yes it cost me some money, but there was so much to do and enjoy that i did not want to spend my time doing laundry. The laundry service was very good and well worth the money I spent.

I always budget money for laundry service but I really appreciated it more on TP.

Have a great trip!

Nancy

Sara, thank you for posting this question. You know I had originally thought of packing very light for our cruise and using the w/d facilities. Maybe not now. I still don't want to pack that much more, though.

For those of you who have used the laundry service, I have heard of a certain day they have a special on laundry. Is that normally like 1/2 way through a cruise. Or do they even do it on this ship? Now maybe I'm leaning toward spending a few dollars on laundry service.

I can't remember the exact day, but about 2/3 into the cruise, there was a laundry special. $15.00 for a bag. I managed to stuff about $54.00 worth of laundry into the bag and it all came back in good shape. For most people, this should suffice. Remember, most activities on shore are water based and swimwear is the best way to dress, so no matter what you pack, it will be too much.

I can't remember the exact day, but about 2/3 into the cruise, there was a laundry special. $15.00 for a bag. I managed to stuff about $54.00 worth of laundry into the bag and it all came back in good shape. For most people, this should suffice. Remember, most activities on shore are water based and swimwear is the best way to dress, so no matter what you pack, it will be too much.

I'm feeling a bit slow today. Is that for a laundry service where they do the laundry for you? Just trying to figure out the pricing. Anyone know what the prices are for:

1. Me doing my own laundry

2. Princess doing my laundry, not the special

(P.S. Not that I really care about laundry, but I haven't had a chance to stare at my countdown clock in a while)

Amy, ..I had to ask especially after all the chat on our roll call board. Laundry service sounds good to me.

I am on the 7th deck also maybe I'll have the advantage of staking out the laundry rooms also. I was hoping though that the responses would come back, ..."Nobody was ever in there" or "They're always empty" ...lol ..oh well. I'm glad I asked.

$15.00 was if Princess did the laundry. There is a bag and a laundry list with prices provided similar to what you see in most hotels. The charges are a little higher than on shore (by San Diego standards--your charges may vary). The self service was coin operated but I don't have the prices.

The coin laundry was $1.00 to wash(soap included) and $1.00 to dry.

The laundry service varied by item and was quite pricey..I recall considering it and I read the list of prices and it was $4 per shirt and $2 per pair of underwear..I don;t recall the rest..so if they were not running a special..it could have gotten pretty pricey to send in the service. I think they only ran the $15 per bag special the last few days as a "don't take home dirty laundry" promotion. Didn't help much during the cruise!

Now..my tablemates at dinner were "Elite" travellers and had laundry service included and they told us they sent some stuff in and 1/2 the stuff they got back were not theirs!! They had to hunt down their 1/2..

I also saw a woman in the laundry room re-ironing her formal wear dress pants that the laundry service had put this weird double crease in..so be careful if using this service! May have just been a few freak mistakes...

I think the $15 bag is a great deal. I think I could wait 2/3 into the cruise to do that. My main purpose is for my work out clothes. I was planning on bringing only 2 or 3 sets of them and knew the way I sweat the gym they'd need to be washed out. It seems that work out clothes are more bulky than little tanks and shorts so I didn't want to bring too many of them and make more room for SHOES! LOL

I think the $15 bag is a great deal. I think I could wait 2/3 into the cruise to do that. My main purpose is for my work out clothes. I was planning on bringing only 2 or 3 sets of them and knew the way I sweat the gym they'd need to be washed out. It seems that work out clothes are more bulky than little tanks and shorts so I didn't want to bring too many of them and make more room for SHOES! LOL

I would recommend going light on the shoes..you may be more of a shoe hound than I am..but after carting 5 big pieces of luggage this time..I would cut back next time. I got by on mostly wearing my Chaco sandles(similar to Tevas) for both water and land excursions. I also had a pair of cheapy water shoes when snorkeling so I wouldn't step on coral. I had one pair of birkenstock sandals for walking around the ship, one pair of casual sandals for casual nights that would go with everything I wore and one pair of formal sandals that went with both outfits. I did bring my gym shoes with intention of working out but I got too seasick and couldn't do it on the sea days. The gym is aft of the ship where it rocks alot..yucky! So I never wore those. That was perfect amount of shoes..really..if you do alot of excursions..you don't need anything fancy..I loved my Chacos for everything offshore!

Anyway..just my 2 cents..if you are doing any lugging of your luggage..pack light is my best advice! Don't worry about having matching shoes for every outfit..noone really cares or notices if you wear the same thing more than once or how cute you are..really

Patty....great input on the shoes.... I remember my first cruise. I believe I had one small suitcase just for shoes, and of course I didn't wear them all. I finally managed also to get it down to just a few pair like you said.

Amy....remember our conversation on shoes.....LOL

it's too bad that there is only one self serve laundry on the TP, unlike one on every deck on the bigger ships. I don't want to do laundry while on a cruise. I do recall looking at the prices for laundry service, they seemed quite high and did not use it. I might consider it this time though. But the though of not getting my own back certainly concerns me

The laundry room was always busy on our TP cruise in Feb. There is only 1 and even the ship's dancers were in there using it. It was always a wait no matter when I went. It was significantly cheaper to do my own, so I didn't send things out. I found myself wearing several outfits a day, so I did go through a lot of clothes and I wore everything I brought. My DH did wash his workout clothes in the bathroom sink and hung them to dry in the bathroom each morning after his workout.

I do recommend not using the laundry room if it is a beautiful and sunny day out. I did that in Bora Bora and wasted the afternoon inside. The next day on the island it was rainy. Our sailing had minimal sun, and I felt so bad I'd wasted a beautiful afternoon doing laundry when I could have been out seeing some beautiful sites.

Archived