Ultimate Dining Package

Treacher1

I understand if you purchase the Ultimate Dining Package you dine in a specialty restaurant each night for dinner. I understand you can make reservations prior to cruising online. Question, if you really like two restaurants - could you go to only those 2 and repeat for length of cruise or are you assigned so many nights in each specialty restaurant?? Thanks for any information - appreciate it.

I am confused as to why you said you can no longer get the ultimate dining package. We booked a suite on Pearl and the perks given were:

1. All gratuities pre paid.

2. Ultimate dining package for all nights

3. Shipboard credit

4. $75 credit in each port of call for shore excursions

I thought this was a great deal and our amenities on my NCL still lists Ultimate Dining Package (for all nights).

I am confused - please advise!

[quote name='Treacher1']I am confused as to why you said you can no longer get the ultimate dining package. We booked a suite on Pearl and the perks given were:

3. Shipboard credit

I thought this was a great deal and our amenities on my NCL still lists Ultimate Dining Package (for all nights).

I am confused - please advise![/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Dining Package is no longer sold. If you received it or purchased it before it was discontinued, you're fine. They are now selling the Specialty Dining Package for a set number of meals.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Treacher1']I am confused as to why you said you can no longer get the ultimate dining package.[/QUOTE]

I said you can no longer buy it. If you already have it booked then you are fine.

I mentioned it because in your original post you said "if you purchase" it, which suggested to me that you may have been planning to make that purchase.

[quote name='Treacher1']I am confused as to why you said you can no longer get the ultimate dining package. We booked a suite on Pearl and the perks given were:

3. Shipboard credit

I am confused - please advise![/QUOTE]

Your op hadn't said it was a perk you'd already received, you'd said "if you purchase", so that is why a subsequent post said it can no longer be purchased.
However, the perks already given will be honored.

[quote name='BirdTravels']You are fine. Go to your favorite restaurant as often as you want. We're on the Epic next week with the UDP. We booked only Cagney's and Le Bistro (along with our free Cirque Dreams on the first night).[/QUOTE]

Ate they still honoring the free Cirque Dreams on the first night with the UDP? I thought that was a thing of the past.

I have not really paid a lot of attention to the dining situation. On our cruise next February one of the perks we received was the SDP. I realized it was for 4 nights instead of the 7 we had been previously receiving with the UDP. I have seen that Cagney's and LeBistro are going a la carte. So will they be included in the restaurants you can choose from? I now remember my PCC saying something about them going to 4 instead of 7 because of the changes in pricing on some of the restaurants. I guess I need to start paying more attention when she tells me something.

[quote name='toyotaford']I have not really paid a lot of attention to the dining situation. On our cruise next February one of the perks we received was the SDP. I realized it was for 4 nights instead of the 7 we had been previously receiving with the UDP. I have seen that Cagney's and LeBistro are going a la carte. So will they be included in the restaurants you can choose from? I now remember my PCC saying something about them going to 4 instead of 7 because of the changes in pricing on some of the restaurants. I guess I need to start paying more attention when she tells me something.[/QUOTE]

You should be good, they did add two premium items at Cagneys that you may have to pay for if you want them.

[quote name='punkincc']Ate they still honoring the free Cirque Dreams on the first night with the UDP? I thought that was a thing of the past.[/quote]

If you booked with the UDP at the beginning of 2015 you [U]might[/U] still get Cirque Dreams for free. It may take a few phone calls to NCL and have your request elevated up through a few supervisors, but if persistent it could be given. It also helps to have the original Terms & Conditions when you booked and let NCL know you are willing to show/send in those T&C's. Edited by 14ersco

[quote name='rvsullivan'][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Dining Package is no longer sold. If you received it or purchased it before it was discontinued, you're fine. They are now selling the Specialty Dining Package for a set number of meals.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

For me, this is correct. Have a Haven Suite booked on Breakaway for August 2016. Have UBP and UDP. the dining is for all six of us as well as every night. Last month, I booked Breakaway again in Haven and although we still get the UDP, it now says for four nights.

Last year, when in the Haven all adults in our H4 (four of us) received the UBP. This time, for iur August cruise its just passenger 1-2.