Silhouette Oct. 3-17 Med. Cruise

cwtravel

Hello-

I'm sitting at the Rome Airport, waiting for my flight to London Heathrow/BWI after a wonderful cruise on the Silhouette. This was my 12th Celebrity cruise & second time on the Silhouette this year. My wife & I are in our early 50's and we generally cruise 2 or 3 times per year.

The weather for this trip was great, sunny & warm every day with very calm seas all 14 days. There was one night with a little ship movement but that's it. Service was good and the food was excellent, in my opinion.

We were able to make all ports including Israel. Haifa was great but the violence was starting to get bad in Jerusalem so I am not surprised the Israel ports were cancelled for the cruise departing today.

I have read numerous posts describing Celebrity in decline and, frankly I have no idea what people want/expect or what they are talking about.

Was on the same cruise. Also sailed with Celebrity in the past and would say the service on this cruise was the best we've experienced (always has been of a high standard). From our cabin attendants (Esther & Charlie) to our waiter(Jiorges), his assistant (Paul) and our sommelier (Randy) - all absolutely top notch. Quick service at the bars and the guys taking drinks orders around the pool were very good too.

The Martini Bar was unusually quiet on most nights. On past cruises it was the place to be at!

The dinners in the MDR were generally back to a good standard (was a bit disappointed on our last Celebrity cruise).

We loved the itinerary - Ephesus is a must visit!

Well done Celebrity. 5 stars from me.

The Martini Bar was unusually quiet on most nights. On past cruises it was the place to be at!

QUOTE]

Sounds like you had a great time. One question, did you run into a server at the Martini Bar named Taz (he's from Turkey)? Hoping he'll still be on when we go in Jan. He was such a good server & always had a brilliant smile! :D