Support req - mods please dont delete

keelann0604

Firstly we are regulars to the cruise scene - some of our best holidays to date. Unfortunately due to very sad family news, we look as though we cannot make our next departure.

Last night i was very 'NAIVE' and without thought posted my holiday for sale. I understand now how this may cause infringements with protocol and for that i apologise.

All i am asking is for guidance on how to pass on a fantastic holiday to someone who would love to go.

Any advice via a private message would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Sorry for your bad news.

Did you realise If you have paid a select fare contact Pando or your TA if booked through them and you may be able to move your booking to a later cruise (has to be booked not sailed within 6 months).

If you booked saver you would not be able to change anything, including names

Sorry for your bad news.

Did you realise If you have paid a select fare contact Pando or your TA if booked through them and you may be able to move your booking to a later cruise (has to be booked not sailed within 6 months).

If you booked saver you would not be able to change anything, including names

Thank you for your thoughts.

We have booked select fare and have spoken to pando. We can change the names, but apparently its too late to transfer to another dates.

So sorry to hear this, and I just hope you manage to get some good advice and can let someone else enjoy this fabulous cruise. I also hope you are able to take a holiday in the not too distant.

Thanks for your wishes - greatly appreciated :)

Are you sure this is allowed under P&O terms and conditions. I know one name or so can be changed but not a whole booking? Surely your insurance will cover this. Also, have you explained the circumstances to P&O? They allowed me to swap to another cruise when my surgery was delayed despite it being technically "too late".

Edited by Host Sharon

Hi sorry to hear this but won't your insurance cover you for this cancellation ?

possibly....its very complicated and i don't want to share the details on the open web.

Are you sure this is allowed under P&O terms and conditions. I know one name or so can be changed but not a whole booking? Surely your insurance will cover this. Also, have you explained the circumstances to P&O? They allowed me to swap to another cruise when my surgery was delayed despite it being technically "too late".

We spoke directly to P&O who were very helpful. Yes the whole package can be 'sold' to another party. The only condition is the deadline - no less than 7 days before departure.

If you decide not to go on a P&O cruise for a reason for which a cancellation would not be covered by your insurance, then you are in a bit of a fix. Changing names on a booking will normally be regarded as a cancellation if none of the original parties travel. My thinking is that you should try and change the booking to an alternative later date cruise booking for all or one of the passengers at a later date and pay the relevant fees. P&O will be ablke to advise accordingly.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

If you decide not to go on a P&O cruise for a reason for which a cancellation would not be covered by your insurance, then you are in a bit of a fix. Changing names on a booking will normally be regarded as a cancellation if none of the original parties travel. My thinking is that you should try and change the booking to an alternative later date cruise booking for all or one of the passengers at a later date and pay the relevant fees. P&O will be ablke to advise accordingly.

Regards John

To make an insurance claim we would need to request a 'cancellation invoice', which is why we are trying to sell it first.

Changing of names is not regarded as a cancellation.

Hi ...

Sorry to hear of your predicament...

Just to compound your woe, I'm guessing that if you have paid the 'select' price for your cruise then you have possibly paid full fare. I am thinking of doing this cruise and watching the prices. The 'late saver' prices appear to be much cheaper than the select fare so you may have difficulty in recouping your original outlay thus making the insurance route more viable. Once, when I had to cancel due to close family issues, a quick call to the insurance company for advice was very beneficial and helpful...they basically assured me I would be able to cancel... it's worth asking.

If you wish you can PM me with details of what's on offer....

Hi ...

Sorry to hear of your predicament...

Just to compound your woe, I'm guessing that if you have paid the 'select' price for your cruise then you have possibly paid full fare. I am thinking of doing this cruise and watching the prices. The 'late saver' prices appear to be much cheaper than the select fare so you may have difficulty in recouping your original outlay thus making the insurance route more viable. Once, when I had to cancel due to close family issues, a quick call to the insurance company for advice was very beneficial and helpful...they basically assured me I would be able to cancel... it's worth asking.

If you wish you can PM me with details of what's on offer....

How do i PM you??

Thanks

Keelann 0604

Bumping

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time

From Cruise Critic guidelines.

Keelann 0604

Bumping

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time

From Cruise Critic guidelines.

My post represents very good value and finding a resolve, during our period of 'great distress' would be beneficial.

My intention is not to waste anyones time. Clearly my actions have caused you cause for concern, and for that i sincerely apologise!!

Edited by keelann0604

Hi

It doesn't matter to me that you bump your plea each day I am interested to see if you get a resolution and hope you do, as you say it is a difficult time for you both emotionally and financially and I am sure most people can relate to your situation.

Most insurance companies only cover for very close family members and even when they do cover you they don't make it easy to claim or give you information or advice.

We had a similar problem a few years ago when both my Mum & Dad had had heart attacks and one of my daughters had her baby 2 months early, this all happened within 15 days of our departure, it was touch and go and we only finally decided to go 2 days before, but only after the insurance company confirmed that they would fly us back had the worst have happened which fortunately it didn't. I am more fortunate than most I work in the insurance industry so know what buttons to push.

I truly hope you are able to sort this out and only wish it was within my budget because it is a cracking deal you have.

Keep us all posted - not sure if this is going to make me popular or not but I pride myself in being a caring person and it would be nice to know that at your difficult time you are able to resolve your problem.

Hi

It doesn't matter to me that you bump your plea each day I am interested to see if you get a resolution and hope you do, as you say it is a difficult time for you both emotionally and financially and I am sure most people can relate to your situation.

Most insurance companies only cover for very close family members and even when they do cover you they don't make it easy to claim or give you information or advice.

We had a similar problem a few years ago when both my Mum & Dad had had heart attacks and one of my daughters had her baby 2 months early, this all happened within 15 days of our departure, it was touch and go and we only finally decided to go 2 days before, but only after the insurance company confirmed that they would fly us back had the worst have happened which fortunately it didn't. I am more fortunate than most I work in the insurance industry so know what buttons to push.

I truly hope you are able to sort this out and only wish it was within my budget because it is a cracking deal you have.

Keep us all posted - not sure if this is going to make me popular or not but I pride myself in being a caring person and it would be nice to know that at your difficult time you are able to resolve your problem.

Soobs

Your initial point and expression of warmth & goodwill is both refreshing and a reminder of the good in human kind.

Thank you so much!!!

It is not my intention to be "uncaring" or cause distress, but all posters agree to follow CC guidelines when they join and I have to be fair to everyone. MA

Making exceptions could cause others distress.

I sincerely hope you find a solution to your problem.

I have no idea what bumping is or how it works, and must admit when I saw the first "Monday morning bump" I just thought that the poor poster's family had been involved in a car crash on a Monday morning!! You live and learn as they say!