Why did you Return to Royal Caribbean?

johnjen

My first cruise was my honeymoon on Princess 15 years ago. We didn't know much about the different cruise lines and we knew Princess was nice.

Then we moved to Florida and it seemed like everyone here cruises Royal. After cruising Royal once, I was sold. I'm convinced it is the best all-around cruise line. Royal cruises are cheaper, and the ships more spectacular, than the Princess ship we went on (which was the Dawn, I think the largest ship at the time). The plain dining room on Princess doesn't hold a candle to Royal's grand multi-level MDRs with chandeliers. Not that I didn't love my Princess cruise - I did. It was my honeymoon, we had a balcony room, and we went to Alaska - what's not to love?

I'm sure people have had great cruises on Carnival, but I've never been on Carnival and never will. My sister has been on Carnival once and said food, entertainment, and crowd are much better on Royal. Plus all the problems their ships have had in the last two years - NOPE.

Disney is so freaking expensive, twice as much as Royal every time I compare. In fact, my family of 4 can get Disney Annual Passes AND a family cruise on Royal, for the price of a Disney cruise. We did the Disney passes plus Royal cruise in 2014, and are doing both again in 2016.

So I'm "loyal to Royal," even though there a few things I would change, starting with that foamy mousse/gel base that they use to make every single dessert in the Windjammer (and a few of the MDR desserts). :eek:

One glance at our cruise itinerary tells a story. We started our cruise journey with Royal Caribbean then one time we tried a Carnival cruise, now you see we've come back to our senses. What were your reasons for coming back to RCL after trying another cruise line? Mine were:

- Going to formal night on Carnival Glory, dressed to the nines, and seeing passengers wearing flip flops and shorts;

- Being seated, ALONE, when we specifically asked for (and were booked for) group table dining;

- Getting LATE dining when we specifically asked for (and were booked for) EARLY dining;

- The food was ok, but NOT as good as RCL.

Post your reasons why you left briefly from RCL - and then went back!

There new ships are the destination.