MSC Seaside...interest?

RMS Olympic

This ship seems to be a completely new design and although too many passengers does appear to provide increased outdoor deck space. I was not impressed with the Divina, but thought I got what I paid for so I cant complain about the product (except the ship photographs better than she actually looks inside IMO).

I am considering booking her but wonder if waiting till she is in service for a while vice her inaugural is wise.

Anyone else considering this vessel ......referred to as the condominium.

Not sure how many MSC fans are out there.....

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I enjoyed the superb service in the Yacht Club (similar to the Haven on NCL). The only complaint we had was that the LeMuse Restaurant (the Yacht Club's Restaurant) was located at the opposite end of the ship, which meant you had to go outside and fight the strong winds at night or go down to lower decks and back up. Other than that, the Divina had a lot to offer. We're waiting to see what changes the Seaside will have.

• 1 month later...
This ship seems to be a completely new design and although too many passengers does appear to provide increased outdoor deck space. I was not impressed with the Divina, but thought I got what I paid for so I cant complain about the product (except the ship photographs better than she actually looks inside IMO).

I am considering booking her but wonder if waiting till she is in service for a while vice her inaugural is wise.

Anyone else considering this vessel ......referred to as the condominium.

Not sure how many MSC fans are out there.....

Thanks

Have you heard when the Seaside will be open for booking?

• 3 weeks later...

Seaside is on my radar. Her design is definitely interesting and takes what NCL has done with their newer ships to a whole new level. It's very creative and I will look to see how she does after she sails before making any final decisions. With as much anticipated capacity coming into Miami in the winter months, larger ships mean more pricing competition. That is always a plus too! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked SEASIDE yesterday. The ship looks amazing and I love the new design. I can't wait to experience it in person. Anyway booked the Yacht Club for Jan 20, 2018. Long way away!

Great deals now with all categories receiving a beverage package and Yacht Club bookings receiving a $150 pp obc since drinks in the YC are already included.

Plus MSC will match your past pax status with another cruise line. I sent my Elite credentials from Princess and MSC gave me Black status, which is their highest level. Nice feature to attract established cruisers from other lines!

• 2 weeks later...
Have you heard when the Seaside will be open for booking?

I booked an Aurea suite for the April 28, 2018 sailing before New Year's. I haven't sailed on MSC before, but friends have and gave it a good enough review to try it out. With the incentive of the drink package and still at tier 1/rollout pricing, it was hard to say no. I'm still waiting to hear back about my loyalty match; however with 27 months and one week before we depart, I can be patient.