Car rental in FLL....How's this sound?

chill6x6

LOTS of options! Here's what I'm thinking:

Fly into FLL Friday noon---> take taxi to AVIS @ Hyatt Regency Pier 66---> drive rental to Lago Mar and enjoy for two day---> return car Sunday AM to AVIS---> AVIS shuttle to HAL Eurodam.

Sound good or anyone got a better way?? THANKS!

Fly into FLL Friday noon---> take taxi to AVIS @ Hyatt Regency Pier 66---> drive rental to Lago Mar and enjoy for two day---> return car Sunday AM to AVIS---> AVIS shuttle to HAL Eurodam.

Why not just rent the car from the airport ? There is a shuttle from the terminal to rental car facility . All rental companies have a rental desk. Most are open 24hrs.

Any reason why you have to rent from Avis ? Compare prices using Costco.

Rent Avis rental car at FLL, and return it to their Port Everglades location at 2301 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale. They can then shuttle you to your ship.

That's EXACTLY what I'm going to do! THANKS!!!

Your original post was the opposite to this.

So...FYI...

Ended up doing as I first indicated. Basically one taxi from FFL to Avis Port Everglades Friday afternoon: FLL-->AVIS Port Everglades-->use car until Sunday AM-->Return car to AVIS Port Everglades-->Shuttle to HAL Eurodam.

Rent/return Port Everglades: $72.18(plus say $20.00 taxi from FLL).

Rent FLL and return Port Everglades: $217.60 :eek:

A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks...

Here is your original post . The recommendation was totally different

Here is your original post . The recommendation was totally different

I don't see it that way at all. All Hunky was trying to do was eliminate the taxi trip/fare from FFL to AVIS Port Everglades which their suggestion would DO. Everything else is exactly the same.

I don't see it that way at all. All Hunky was trying to do was eliminate the taxi trip/fare from FFL to AVIS Port Everglades which their suggestion would DO. Everything else is exactly the same.

You said you would go to the hotel to rent, someone else suggested you rent from the airport, you said that was EXACTLY what you planned to do, which isn't what you planned to do, and yet you "don't see" how that is different?

You said you would go to the hotel to rent, someone else suggested you rent from the airport, you said that was EXACTLY what you planned to do, which isn't what you planned to do, and yet you "don't see" how that is different?

Re-read what I said...

Original "thought" about renting a car in FLL. NO WHERE was the word "plan," "planning," or "planned" ever used. MY original idea about FLL car rental:

"Fly into FLL Friday noon---> take taxi to AVIS @ Hyatt Regency Pier 66---> drive rental to Lago Mar and enjoy for two day---> return car Sunday AM to AVIS---> AVIS shuttle to HAL Eurodam."

Not a PLAN. An idea. ONE way to do it. In fact it wasn't a PLAN because I was ASKING for other IDEAS.

Alternative idea by HUNKY:

"Rent Avis rental car at FLL, and return it to their Port Everglades location at 2301 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale. They can then shuttle you to your ship."

To which I said "That's EXACTLY what I'm going to do! THANKS!" AS in...THAT was a great idea! I like it! I'm going to do it THIS way instead of my PREVIOUS idea.

I feel as if this simple post asking a simple question has been ruined over arguing over nothing. Nothing more from me.

Re-read what I said...

Original "thought" about renting a car in FLL. NO WHERE was the word "plan," "planning," or "planned" ever used. MY original idea about FLL car rental:

"Fly into FLL Friday noon---> take taxi to AVIS @ Hyatt Regency Pier 66---> drive rental to Lago Mar and enjoy for two day---> return car Sunday AM to AVIS---> AVIS shuttle to HAL Eurodam."

Not a PLAN. An idea. ONE way to do it. In fact it wasn't a PLAN because I was ASKING for other IDEAS.

"Rent Avis rental car at FLL, and return it to their Port Everglades location at 2301 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale. They can then shuttle you to your ship."

To which I said "That's EXACTLY what I'm going to do! THANKS!" AS in...THAT was a great idea! I like it! I'm going to do it THIS way instead of my PREVIOUS idea.

I feel as if this simple post asking a simple question has been ruined over arguing over nothing. Nothing more from me.

You must be a politician lol

Re-read what I said...

Just wanted to add if you're going to use Avis and want to get a bit of discount, do a quick Google search to find a coupon code to use when you book. We did this and saved a bit on a rental from FLL and drop off at Hyatt Pier 66.

Also, sorry your post was misunderstood and turned so negative. I clearly understood what you were initially asking in addition to your "that's exactly what i am GOING to do, THANK YOU" reply to HUNKY's suggestion in quote. :D Enjoy your cruise!

Just wanted to add if you're going to use Avis and want to get a bit of discount, do a quick Google search to find a coupon code to use when you book. We did this and saved a bit on a rental from FLL and drop off at Hyatt Pier 66.

Also, sorry your post was misunderstood and turned so negative. I clearly understood what you were initially asking in addition to your "that's exactly what i am GOING to do, THANK YOU" reply to HUNKY's suggestion in quote. :D Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

And THANKS for the tip!:)